cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR claim under $100

Folks - UPS shows delivered for a $90 electronic item. I didn't have Require Signature on delivery but assuming since it's under $750, I would win this claim? Does that mean Ebay will make me whole and do they make the buyer whole too? So Ebay takes the hit or am I mis-understanding this? I have a pretty good record with ebay

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

INR claim under $100

If tracking shows delivered, eBay should close the INR case in your favor.

Just be sure to upload the tracking number in the case.

You keep the funds from the sale and no, eBay does not pay the buyer.  It's the buyers responsibility to have a safe place for deliveries.

Although, the buyer could in turn, go the their credit card company and file a charge back stating they never received. Those are hard to win I'm sorry to say, but cross that bridge if and when that happens.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

INR claim under $100

If the tracking shows Delivered, then eBay will almost certainly decide the claim in your favor. No, they do not usually make the buyer whole, only in very unusual circumstances.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

INR claim under $100

If you enter the tracking number into the claim and tracking shows delivery to the payment address,  you should win the claim.  If the buyer appeals eBay may give in some cases them a courtesy refund.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

INR claim under $100

INR are easy to win on both eBay and CC disputes. Actually it doesn’t matter what the CC decides eBay will cover you in that particular situation. 

Go on USPS.com and open a case for missing mail for the buyer. Enter all the pertinent fields. They will likely get back to you the following day with: 1) the case confirmation number, 2) their final determination that the item was delivered.

Take a screenshot of them and you can add those to message thread with the buyer. It’s not necessary but it makes it look as if you made efforts. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

INR claim under $100

@dentalsales4u wrote:

If tracking shows delivered, eBay should close the INR case in your favor.

Just be sure to upload the tracking number in the case.

You keep the funds from the sale and no, eBay does not pay the buyer.  It's the buyers responsibility to have a safe place for deliveries.

Although, the buyer could in turn, go the their credit card company and file a charge back stating they never received. Those are hard to win I'm sorry to say, but cross that bridge if and when that happens.

With the updated chargeback protections in the last seller update, eBay will protect the seller if there is tracking showing delivery. EBay/Ayden hash it out with the credit card issuer and the seller is not involved. eBay eats it if they somehow lose.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply