cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to go garage saling but I couldn't afford it!!!!

Yep. I recently retired with the plan to have ebay sales supliment my measley income.  I haven't sold squat this month, which means I cannot pay all my bills on time and can't even afford to go to garage sales, which I love to do. Pretty bad when you can't even afford a garage sale.

Have all the retiries come to ebay to supliment their sales too? I think so . There are a lot of baby boomers trying to make ends meet. Too many sellers and not enough buyers. 

So I am having a medical proceedure done this month so I can't even look for a job.  Just saying, in case someone says, get a job. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: I wanted to go garage saling but I couldn't afford it!!!!

I won't tell you to get a job, just maybe that you shouldn't have retired. BTW, that hubcap you have listed as 16/17". It's either 16 or 17, can't be both.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@thingsuluv2havenow

So sorry you are going through this.  My heart goes out to you.

Praying that your procedure goes well and wishing you a pain free and speedy recovery, and that your financial woes quickly become a thing of the past.

Blessings to you and yours.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The trick is to not keep all your eggs in one basket. Spread yourself out a bit. An never count on eBay for an income. That's just asking for it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm retired too and if I had to rely on eBay to eat, I'd starve to death. Thanks to my Flea Market Sales today, I had Rib eye steak, Baked Potato, Lima beans and a chef salad. You need to go where the money is, and lately it's not here. Good Luck to you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@thingsuluv2havenow

I made 20 bucks this month, glad the wife has a job.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm not retired, just a housewife. I sell for my own disposable income mostly. My spending has been reeled in a LOT since the first of the year when my sales took a very sudden 40% dive,
Message 7 of 7
latest reply