cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent buyer the wrong book. I asked for return and no news from him?

Hi

A buyer contacted me that I sent him the wrong book and I did. I told him to start a return with lots of apologies. The return has not been started, it's been 4 days and I message politely once a day.

The book he purchased is $35, the book he got sells for $75. Not sure if he wants to keep the more expensive book. It's my mistake I can take the loss. But was wondering where I go from there. His and my messages went through Ebay. Can he neg me on top of my money loss for receiving the wrong book when I messaged him 4 times to start a return?

Not sure what's next?

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Stop emailing him. Give it a couple of weeks then put him on block. Take this as a learning opportunity.

We all make mistakes. I double and triple check before I seal a book in the envelope.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

He is not going to return his windfall. They rarely do unless you sent a cheaper book than he bought.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

@weatherloach I suggest you stop messaging the buyer. He is aware of the wrong book sent. If he didn't want the other book, he would return it. Most likely he has realized he received a more valuable book and has decided to keep it. If you continue to send messages, he may take that as harassment and then attempt to retaliate. Let sleeping dogs lie. Nothing else for you to do here. Best of luck to you....

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You probably gifted this buyer, did you offer to provide a return label?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Tell him to initiate  a return. Which you already did. That's all you can do.

If he doesn't go through with the return there is nothing you can do.

You can't make him return it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

It's time to walk away and forget about it.    You'll hear from him

if he changes his mind. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Stop emailing him. Give it a couple of weeks then put him on block. Take this as a learning opportunity.

We all make mistakes. I double and triple check before I seal a book in the envelope.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Maybe he needs  a few more days to read the book.  I would email one last time and kinda plea with him that you need that book back to sell inorder to help feed your kids , cats and dogs.   Goodluck.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

The $75 book becomes a $65 book once you pay to get it back and then ship out the correct book. I'd just move along with my life. Either he will eventually log in and see your messages and co-operate with the return, or he has decided to keep the more expensive book. Nothing more you can do in either case. If you are like most book sellers you probably paid almost nothing for the book anyway.

I would wait about 2 months before relisting the original book.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@weatherloach wrote:

Hi

A buyer contacted me that I sent him the wrong book and I did. I told him to start a return with lots of apologies. The return has not been started, it's been 4 days and I message politely once a day.

The book he purchased is $35, the book he got sells for $75. Not sure if he wants to keep the more expensive book. It's my mistake I can take the loss. But was wondering where I go from there. His and my messages went through Ebay. Can he neg me on top of my money loss for receiving the wrong book when I messaged him 4 times to start a return?

Not sure what's next?

Thanks for your time

I don't see here where you sent him the right book... ?  That I would have done first before my first message back to him.  

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Thanks to all for the help. No I am not sweating the few bucks. I was just afraid of a neg.

Moving on

Weatherloach

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@keraz-0 wrote:

Block him for what?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

" If you are like most book sellers you probably paid almost nothing for the book anyway."

As a collector and reseller of Golden Age children's illustrated books and also 1st edition signed Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror I take umbrage at that statement.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Is it possible that the buyer is waiting for you to send him a prepaid return label? This was your error, so you need to pay for the return shipping.  

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Your answer is so wrong.  The buyer did nothing wrong.  Why should he be blocked? 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply