cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create a listing with 200 variations - can i do it with excel?

Is there a way to upload an excel file or csv for a large amount of variations vs. typing them in one by one when creating a new listing???  Will be listing in sports trading cards and have between 200-225 variations (card numbers to add).  Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: I need to create a listing with 200 variations - can i do it with excel?

@winningstreakcollectibles wrote:

Is there a way to upload an excel file or csv for a large amount of variations vs. typing them in one by one when creating a new listing???  Will be listing in sports trading cards and have between 200-225 variations (card numbers to add).  Thanks for your help!

I think you can do it here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/uploads

No personal experience so I can't help with the details, you can find some info here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/file-exchange?id=4096

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

From memory the limit on variations per listing is 60.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

As I understand it not that I've done much research is only can be done through the merchant integration program which is the program for external listing/inventory services.

I'd read someplace that can download or upload inventories in CSV format but I dont see it anyplace.  Its the main reason I've not put a whole more up online here.  If I cant control the stuff through and upload/download process then its not manageable and I'm not paying some third party $50+ a month to do, that's ridiculous.  I'm a software engineer, people paying these absolutely ridiculous prices for inventory management online and re-pricing tool are well... Suckers.  We're talking about an application that is less sophisticated than Scrabble on your Smartphone.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I need to create a listing with 200 variations - can i do it with excel?

Only if you really think that ticking off all of your potential buyers is actually a good business plan.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listings-variations?i...

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hi!

The limit is 100. I had 99 in one & knew they would sell now it is at 68 listings.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

If you are going to make one of those 99 cent every card in the set listings then I encourage you to not waste your time. 

Those 99 cent every card in the set variation listings are only profitable when you value your time at zero.  

Most customers order one card, you end up with 30-50 cents after expenses and supplies and if you are a beast and can fill 30 of those orders per hour you end up with all of $9-12 for the hour. Which still didn't count the time to create the listing or the cost of the cards (which probably rounded down to zero anyway).

I worked at a pretty successful card shop and we knew there that the low end singles cards were just an anchor weighing the business down, and increasing automation in this area is just making that worse, not better. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

If you have 200 different cards/variations and several of each one,  fine.

But if you have 200 different cards/variations, one card each, I wouldn't waste my time doing a variations listing. 

I would list them separately.

I hate when I see a variations listing and more than half the variations are sold out.

Just my opinion.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi @winningstreakcollectibles 

You can use Seller Hub Reports to create listings (including variation listings) by file uploads:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/uploads

For information about how variations would entered, click "Learning  resources" on the left  side of Seller Hub Reports and then click "Create listings in bulk."  That will take you to the Inventory Onboarding Guide. There is a section there about listing with variations.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thank you.  That is quite a complex process and i'm unsure if that could be completed in draft form.  It would be great in the future if you were able to add a listing of multiple variations (say via copy/past) within the isting tool itself vs. having to manually enter them one by one.  Maybe you can add that to a future enhancement list to support many sellers as i've reached out to many that have these types of listings and they are all manually keying their variations one by one.  Thank you for your assistance and response.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@s.scharmu0 wrote:

Hi!

The limit is 100. I had 99 in one & knew they would sell now it is at 68 listings.

@toomuchstuffagain35  The limit is actually 240 variations. I believe you are allowed 5 attributes, which is overkill I think. I currently have two live listings with 240 variations. And I agree with others here. I would suggest to not do that many variations unless absolutely necessary.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I apologize for resurrecting a dead thread, but I wanted to ask what you did with all of your insert singles? For instance, I have ~3,000 2023 Donruss rated rookies (minus CJ & Puka) and ~1500 other random inserts. I wanted to make a pick your player listing, which led me here. Would you advise selling as a lot, by player, by team, etc instead of individually? I'm running out of room on my 2023 shelf.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Sell them in whatever manner causes you to spend the least amount of time on them. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

The mods will close this thread, so it's always best to start your own even if it relates to someone else's.

That said, I would never both looking through a variation listing that big.  I'd definitely recommend listing them individually, though you'll want a store subscription to save on fees probably.  That's a lot of cards.  Uploading them if you can figure out the new file transfer method is probably fastest, but you'll still need to do a good bit of work to make it happen.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply