cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a victim of partial refund extortion. Ebay doesn't care?

UPDATE: eBay does care. After initially getting denied, upon further review under appeal to customer service, eBay does agree with me that I was a victim of extortion, and they do care, and the negative feedback was removed.

----

Short version is I sold an item, and the buyer had it forwarded overseas. Finally the item arrives, and the buyer lists things allegedly wrong with it. Decides one part must be replaced and demands a partial refund in a message to me. He says that if I don't offer a partial refund, I will get negative feedback.

Since the extortion policy clearly states buyers can't "threaten to use feedback ... in an attempt to force sellers into meeting their demands."

That's exactly what happened - in the eBay messaging system. I reported the buyer and referenced the threats and the feedback. But eBay says the negative feedback doesn't violate their policy. So I'm trying to appeal, but they don't seem to care. 26+ years of using the platform, and it is my first negative feedback. I don't understand how they think the policy works - what should I have done differently? The only alternative is to cave into extortion.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: I'm a victim of partial refund extortion. Ebay doesn't care?

My statement wasn't made in regards to the extortion policy, rather in regards to your response in feedback.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

It’s not THAT feedback extortion is going strong on this site, it’s HOW RAMPANT it is.  That behind the scenes “feedback team” that is apparently more accessible on a third party platform (Facebook), than on their OWN platform is an e-commerce abortion.

I can’t imagine the amount of feedback extortion they pretend not to see.  It’s the legacy of criminally incompetent executives who couldn’t do anything for eBay shareholders to justify their looting except screw sellers.

Its really bad.  I’m pretty sure there are more successful people extorting seller for feedback, than sellers.

Its actually unbelievable.  

The “feedback group” sucks ass.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

Report buyer does nothing.  If they can’t remove feedback with extortion IN THE COMMENT, what is reporting a buyer going to do?

Request a revision is a joke, especially when you are being targeted by another seller, competitor, distributor, or outside party.  It’s purposeful and has nothing to do with the product or service.

eBay makes feedback extortion profitable.  It’s going to linger long after they fix this “feature”, just like seller badwill seller policies left by degenerate CEO after degenerate CEO.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply