cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a neutral but got questions

Hi

We had to cancel a purchase 2 months ago as we sold an item new and it was in fact open. We contacted the buyer to let him know. He asked for a cheaper product we had in replacement but wanted 2 of them. We politely declined and asked if he wanted to cancel. We didn't hear from him/Her so we cancelled and refunded. 8 weeks later we just got a neutral.

We are not going to sweat the neutral but we did not know a buyer could leave feedback after a refund. We understand the mistake is on us and we all make them.

No flames please just educate us!

Thxs

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I got a neutral but got questions

Buyers are allowed to leave neutral of negative even if you refund them. They did not get the item you promised.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I got a neutral but got questions

@weatherloach 

What was the reason you chose when you canceled the sale? Did you correctly choose that the item was damaged/broken? 

I would have handled it by letting the buyer know that it's open and I was in error in the listing. I'd offer to send it to him, let him decide if it's satisfactory and he could either return for full refund or if he chose to keep it, I'd offer a partial refund. 

That way, the buyer is deciding how HE wants to handle your error. 

As for the neutral, I'm not seeing it on your account.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 3
latest reply