cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uncombine an invoice?

Customer purchased 4 items.

I sent an invoice.

Now customer wants to cancel one item on the invoice.

Ebay used to have a button that said "uncombine invoice".

I don't see that button anymore and looks like I have to cancel the entire order.

Is there another way around this besides setting up a BIN private order for the other 3 items? Or maybe having customer pay for everything and then refund that one item?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can you generate a new invoice @rileydone and manually remove the item from the invoice? After the buyer pays the invoice for the items they want you can then cancel the item they don't want?

It's been a while since I used the option, but in the past we could delete items from invoices. I don't know if it's still possible, but it's worth checking.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, this is what eBay tells the buyer:

How to return multiple items

How you request the return depends on how you bought them.

• Sets and bundled items – You need to return the whole lot. For example, if you bought a set of paintbrushes, you can't return just one of them.
  • Multiples of the same item – You can return some or all of them, but you can only open one return for the order. For example, if you bought five t-shirts from one listing, you can return two, but you won't be able to return the other three later.
  • Combined purchases from the same seller – You can return each item individually. For example, you bought three different books from the seller's store and paid for them together at checkout. You need to open a separate request for each book, because they came from different listings.”

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

And below is the policy for Returns for sellers. But i did not see anything in this link that specifically addresses this concern. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Can you generate a new invoice @rileydone and manually remove the item from the invoice? After the buyer pays the invoice for the items they want you can then cancel the item they don't want?

It's been a while since I used the option, but in the past we could delete items from invoices. I don't know if it's still possible, but it's worth checking.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I just tried that but the option to send a new invoice does not come up in the menu. She is bidding on some items, that end today, maybe with a new item, I should be able to send a new invoice and try deleting the item at that time. Thank you for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Woo hoo! She won another auction and when I created the new invoice, I was able to delete the one that she wanted to cancel!

Thank you for your help!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply