cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a second chance offer?

I cancelled an auction sale to a non-paying buyer, and I want to make a second chance offer to the next highest bidder. Can someone explain how that works now?

I have eBay's instructions. They aren't consistent with the site's behavior. The first step is to "Find your listing in either My eBay Selling Activity or Seller Hub." But there is no "Selling Activity" item in "My eBay."

When I select "Seller Hub" (actually "Selling," but it displays the Seller Hub page) the next step is to "Select Second Chance Offer from More actions and then Continue." But there's nothing labeled "More actions" anywhere on the page. There's a dropdown menu for the canceled item in the "Actions" column, and that might be interpreted as "More actions," but it has no "second chance offer" option; only "Print packing slip and more," "Print coupon," "Add/edit note," "Relist," "Sell similar," "Contact buyer," "Report buyer," "View order details," and "Archive."

I tried to wing it and had no better luck. page. I found the "Manage ended listings" page, selected "Eligible for second chance offer," and clicked Search. I expected eBay to display the item I canceled, but it displayed another one, one I sold (paid, shipped, and delivered) instead.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to make a second chance offer?

It's possible that the underbidder(s) on that auction have opted out of receiving SCOs.

The option to send a SCO for a successfully completed auction is available in case the seller has a duplicate item.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There’s many different ways for you to do this. I haven’t done it in a long time but I believe the easiest way is to find the page where it shows all the bids in that auction. I don’t want to confuse you by introducing other pages you might not be familiar with. One easy way to go to that ended auction page is to click the title of the auction where you were able to cancel the non paying bidder. That auction is exactly the same one you go to find the bid history on it. When you find the page with all the bids, there should be a “send second chance offer” link for the bids that are eligible for receiving the offer.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

To make a second chance offer go to:

Seller Hub

Listings tab

Click Unsold Listings

Under Manage Unsold Listings click Eligible for Second Chance Offers (third button under Search category)

Click Search button

Under Results tab place a tick in the first box next to the relevant item

Go across to column marked E and click on the number (i, e., the number of bids received)

Under Action column click Second Chance Offer

and follow prompts.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It probably would have been useful last April when this thread was started....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply