cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have default titles carry over to description

Does anyone know how to have our default titles automatically generate to the descriptiom box, like it used to?  Thanks, much appreciated for any help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think when they used the app to list and didn't provide a description, it added the title in the description area.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I'm sorry I have never heard of titles automatically generated into a description, and I've been selling on eBay since 2003( different ID).

I always copied and pasted the title into the description, still do. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I haven't ever seen that happen either.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I think when they used the app to list and didn't provide a description, it added the title in the description area.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You're right, using the app to list automatically generated your listing title to the description box.  The feature is gone since Ebay implemented the AI description feature.  Now, every single listing gives a pop-up message when entering the description box.  After about 4000 times going through this, it gets a bit tiring.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I don't use the app to list, so don't know much about it.

I don't know if they'll bring that option back or not.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

It would also add 'Condition is used' on the end. It simply plugged in what condition (new or used) had been chosen by the seller.

Honestly - a description that simply repeats the title is absolutely useless. It shows that the seller simply does not care.

I might gamble on buying the item anyway if I feel lucky but the seller should be prepared for a larger than usual number of returns if they cannot be bothered to accurately describe the item. They do not need to write War and Peace but they could at least take 2 minutes to write a short and factual description about the item.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I was wondering why there were so many 'descriptions' that were just the title with condition is whatever tacked onto the end. Maybe that will stop now that is gone from the app, though the fact that it was a default feature in mobile doesn't surprise me.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I liked having it transfer to the description just to give me a starting point for my detailed description, not just repeat the title alone as the total description. It was just a convenience to get that info where I could then add the other details.

Now I copy and paste the title then use it to build the rest of the info and make sure I elaborated on anything I put into the title so the buyer can know more.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply