cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my positive feedback back

I got my first negative feedback a few weeks ago anng i was told it won't go away till after 12 months I've been buying stuff to help get my positive feedback up and its has gone up a little bit and my question after when the negative feedback goes away will be gone from my feedback history I had 100% positive feedback now its 96.3% and i've been getting positive feedback from buying stuff and I'll be start selling since my mom is home from the hospital will I ever get back up to 100% positive feedback again i requested for revision and that didn't work  in a year after the negative feedback will go away will it go away from feedback history will my score go back up?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: How to get my positive feedback back

"If [I] offer free shipping who pays the free shipping the seller or the buyer?"

Short Answer:  The seller pays for the shipping, in the situation you describe above.

The US Postal Service ("USPS") needs to be paid before they can accept anything for mailing and delivery.  
This applies to letters as well as packages.  The USPS payment on a letter is a postage stamp.  

When an item is listed on eBay with "free shipping," the buyer pays only the listed item price, plus any sales tax required by the state where the item will be delivered.   (eBay sellers don't need to worry about sales taxes, because laws in all states require eBay to calculate and collect those sales taxes, and send that money to each state's offices.)  

If an eBay buyer buys something listed with "free shipping," then the seller must pay for the shipping. 
This could cause a seller actually to lose money -- which is not good.  

The concept of "free shipping" is a psychological trick that works on buyers and sometimes works against sellers.  
Buyers think they're getting something (the cost of delivery) for free.  
Sellers get tricked when they don't add the cost of shipping/postage into the price of the item in their listings.

Smart eBay sellers who list things with "free shipping" have already done some calculations and estimated the postage.  Then they add that estimated postage amount to the price they want to ask for their item.  See how that works? 

The seller estimates $4.95 for postage, and adds $4.95 or even $5.00 to the price of the item, and lists an item with "free shipping."    
The buyer thinks he's getting "free shipping", so he buys and pays, and eBay sends the seller an email saying it is OK to send the item.  The seller doesn't have to dig in to his or her own pocket for the cost of postage.  

I hope this helps.  Selling on eBay can seem tricky, and there is a lot to learn when you are a new seller.  
One thing I strongly suggest is that you read this Selling community board every day or two.  There is a lot of knowledge here and a lot of people who do want to help!  

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

I believe you honestly I have an USPS account.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Have noticed that your post is from 08/06/23, so about 6 months old.

You're still selling, so you evidently worked out how to handle shipping.  

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

Yes, you will get your 100% positive feedback back in 12 months when this drops off. In the meantime buy lots of stuff. So much on ebay has free shipping. Buy pens, toothpaste, any little thing you need. Sellers generally leave positive feedback as soon as you pay. You save gas and get another positive!

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

okay thanks

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply