cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact ebay by email?

Does anyone know a customer service email for Ebay?  I've tried a couple, but no success.  I even chatted with an Ebay agent and the one she gave me didn't work either?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

There is no email option for general customer service, though a few specific departments do communicate by email sometimes.  What are you looking to find out or accomplish?  The boards here can often be more helpful than customer service.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have really screwed up my Ebay account.  I didn't realize a year ago that you don't cancel an order "Out of Stock" when you weren't out of stock. So, I have a lot of defects!  My worst problem was selling Coin Laundry Keys....I grouped them in categories and told the buyer not to purchase one without messaging me. That was so stupid!!...then I would cancel the order "Out of Stock". In August, I was doing a refund...and I noticed higher then normal fee's, after calling Ebay...I was told that was because my "Below Average Seller Level".  I have been able to get all defects removed for the last 90 days. But, there is nothing I can do about the old defects and I have no idea when my account will get back on track.  I'm trying to contact Ebay to see if someone could have just a little mercy and refund some of the excessive fee's.  It has cost me Thousands of dollars and bottom line, I am an excellent Ebay seller with perfect reviews. Only twice in the last year has something gotten lost in my inventory.  I have never had a mad buyer.

Thanks for listening...You are so wonderful to help Ebay-ers!!  I really should have paid more attention.

Jody

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Watch your Seller Dashboard.  The info is there for you to review anytime you want.  I've always strongly suggested that seller review their Dashboard every few days.  Each section also give you the ability to get a detailed report of which transactions caused the Defect if any.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

It will take your Defects a full 12 months to fall off your eval period.  However the more transactions you have the more diluted the numbers get.  So have sales, list low priced items you think you can move quickly.

When you look at your Seller Dashboard, if you don't mine, please share your numbers in each area as we might be able to give you other advice with more details.  HOWEVER remember this is a public forum, if you don't want everyone to see those numbers do not post them here.  But if you still would like further assistance you can send me a Private Message and I will be happy to try and help you through this pickle you have yourself in.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I now totally understand looking at the dashboard and paying attention to defects now!  I used to just not care if Ebay thought that my performance was bad, but now I know better.  I knew that my buyers were All happy with their purchases and I responsibly handled any complaint. And represented my listings with integrity.

I don't mind sharing my numbers, if someone can learn from my mistakes that would be something good!!  So, my defect rate just went down to 1.99%,  late shipment  2.04% (kinda bogus...I have never once shipped late) I'll take packages to USPS and it sometimes doesn't appeared scanned for days!  Tracking uploaded on time 55.78%  The only item I used to not track are keys and some cheap football ticket stubs, because I could put them in the regular mail and the buyers were happy to not spend $4 on tracked shipping.  I have changed that now....I have listed each key individually and charge $4 shipping.   Cases closed with out resolution .59% some key buyers would file a complaint that they didn't receive their key yet....even though they did get it...they didn't update Ebay.  So, that's my story....I have no defects in any area since August 1st.

I was just hoping to reach out to customer service for someone to re-evaluate my selling history and give me the benefit of the doubt on all of the extra fees (just over 30%). That really hurts my bottom line!

THanks Again For your Time!!  Jody

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

If you managed to get some of the OOS defects removed, I am impressed.  I suspect that does not happen often.

Your fees with the extra 5 or 6 percent added on for below standard should still top out at just under 20%. If you are seeing 30%, you must be involved with Promoted Listings. I don't count shipping as a fee because the buyer is supposed to be paying shipping one way or the other.

As you know, it takes a year for the defects to drop off. Now that you are familiar with how they are obtained, you should avoid them at all costs. The more selling transactions you process, the quicker the defect percentages will decrease.

You have the right attitude to be able to get back to above standard and TRS.

Don't forget to keep an eye on Seller Metrics which is the bottom item in the Performance tab. They can get you there for 6% extra in fees as well.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Thank you too!!  I know that I am not using any promoted sales...oh my goodness, I'm sure my seller metrics are another disaster that I wasn't aware of!!  I'll check right into that!!  I really did have a Top Rated Seller level at one time!!  Maybe I'm looking at my fee's wrong...I just remember seeing 30% or a little more and feeling just sick to my stomach.  What is such a shame....is this is all over $10 items!!  But, it's killing my high end sales!!  I've even taken some high ticket items off my ebay until I sort things out.  I have a full time 50 hour job, so this is a side job that is actually like a hobby that I just kinda jumped into without the proper planning.

Thank you Lakefor94!!  All of the community does such a great job helping out fellow Ebay-ers!!

I guess I was hoping that someone in Ebay could review my account and understand where I went wrong and ease a little of the financial burden that I've created.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@sweetsummer2021 wrote:

Thank you too!!  I know that I am not using any promoted sales...oh my goodness, I'm sure my seller metrics are another disaster that I wasn't aware of!!  I'll check right into that!!  I really did have a Top Rated Seller level at one time!!  Maybe I'm looking at my fee's wrong...I just remember seeing 30% or a little more and feeling just sick to my stomach.  What is such a shame....is this is all over $10 items!!  But, it's killing my high end sales!!  I've even taken some high ticket items off my ebay until I sort things out.  I have a full time 50 hour job, so this is a side job that is actually like a hobby that I just kinda jumped into without the proper planning.

Thank you Lakefor94!!  All of the community does such a great job helping out fellow Ebay-ers!!

I guess I was hoping that someone in Ebay could review my account and understand where I went wrong and ease a little of the financial burden that I've created.

That would be highly unlikely.  The site is just too big for that with way too many sellers to offer you what you are seeking.

I'm unsure why you have delayed simply looking at your Seller Dashboard to see what your numbers are so you can begin to develop a game plan to get your account healthy again.  

You are NOT paying 30% FVFs to Ebay, not even with the penalty fee you pay because you dropped to a Below Standard seller rating.  You would be at 13% FVF plus the 6% penalty = 19% FVF until you work out of this mess.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I have an item that's been purchased "accidently" twice. The price for the item has been added to my sellers tally. How do I get them to take it off. The total is over  2,000$.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@bretown_22 wrote:

I have an item that's been purchased "accidently" twice. The price for the item has been added to my sellers tally. How do I get them to take it off. The total is over  2,000$.

You don't.  It was a sale, then it wasn't when you cancelled it or refunded it.

If the buyers actually paid you for the item, then it will be in your calculations for the 1099K you might get for this year.  It will be part of your Gross Receipts, which you would then subtract your Ebay fees, shipping paid, refunds to buyer, etc.  

So don't worry, you won't end up paying income taxes on it, but if they paid you, it will need to be shown on your federal tax returns.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

No I am having the same problem  I bought eBay gift cards an when I scratched the little scratch area to get code the code came off the scratcher so they no good I got a thousand bucks involved did you ever find away to get a hold of them 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@lafren-7139 

This is an old thread.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

You will get better answers if you start your own thread, but I would say talk to the retailer where you purchased them first.  Then, contact eBay using the Help & Contact link at the top of any page, if the retailer can't/won't help you.  It'll be via chat, and you can type "Agent" to request either a callback or live chat. Edit: Or via another platform like @mam98031 suggested.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply