cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block a member from seeing your listings or feedback?

@sea.turtle.soul 

@penguins_dont_fly 

You asked here on the M2M board (where I am unable to respond) if you can block a member from seeing your feedback profile.  While you cannot block a specific member, you can set your feedback to Private.  However, in order to sell on eBay, your feedback profile must be public.

Here are the instructions:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/feedback-profiles?id=4204 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: How to block a member from seeing your listings or feedback?

@better_than_ice_cream 

The OP who started that thread was interested in blocking only one particular member/buyer from seeing his/her listings and/or feedback, not everyone. The link you provided will hide feedback from everyone, and, as you say, cannot be utilized with a selling account. 

The link, while probably handy in some circumstances (which I can't really imagine right at this moment) is probably not the solution the OP was looking for. 

penquins_dont_fly's answer was complete and correct to address the OP's situation.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

To be able to respond on the M2M board you must be an Community Mentor.  To qualify to be a Community Mentor you must be a knowledgeable, seasoned member of Ebay.  We go through a vetting / approval process to become a Mentor.  Penguins is a mentor with a great command of the Ebay rules.

And I agree with the other poster that what Penguins answered on that board was correct to the question asked.  

I'm confident you were just trying to be helpful.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

My wish would be that buyers who had left 2 or more negatives for sellers in the last year could be prevented from buying or bidding on my items.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

My wish would be that buyers who had left 2 or more negatives for sellers in the last year could be prevented from buying or bidding on my items.

Do you believe that ALL negatives are unjustified?

Do you believe that if I bought 50 items in the past year and for a couple of them I received, no item, broken item, or misrepresented item from sellers with poor customer service I'm not worthy of exchanging my money for your goods?

And people wonder why eBay can't retain buyers........

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

So true. I just left a negative for an INR. Buyer didn't upload tracking number until AFTER I filed the INR, and then never bothered to ship the item.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

I find that blanket statements are rarely correct.  This subject is a bit more complex than that.  To simply say a buyer with 2+ negs in a year should be banned is way to simplistic and likely completely unfair.  It is one thing if the buyer only purchased a handful of things in the past year, but what about a buyer that purchased a whole bunch of stuff.  More than just the number of FB has to be considered.  Otherwise it is a rule that would only do more harm than good.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Most buyers don't leave any negative FB.  In 2019 I bought thousands of items on my buying ID.  This pic shows how many pages of items in my purchase history for 2019.  And not once did I consider leaving a negative.  If a seller is willing to work with buyer, no neg, in my opinion, is warranted.  In fact in 20 years on eBay, on one ID or another, I have left only 2 negs.

buypages.jpg

Anyway, my suggestion is no more draconian than blocking buyers with 2 INRs.  It doesn't stop them from buying elsewhere.  It just wouldn't show them my items.  Your perspective may differ from mine, that's OK.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

Most buyers don't leave any negative FB.  In 2019 I bought thousands of items on my buying ID.  This pic shows how many pages of items in my purchase history for 2019.  And not once did I consider leaving a negative.  If a seller is willing to work with buyer, no neg, in my opinion, is warranted.  In fact in 20 years on eBay, on one ID or another, I have left only 2 negs.

buypages.jpg

Anyway, my suggestion is no more draconian than blocking buyers with 2 INRs.  It doesn't stop them from buying elsewhere.  It just wouldn't show them my items.  Your perspective may differ from mine, that's OK.

You can't block buyers with 2 INRs either.  I'm unsure of your point.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Oops, I meant unpaid item strikes.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

Oops, I meant unpaid item strikes.

Whoops.  

I should have know!!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply