cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be notified when a buyer likes your item?

Hello, can someone please assist me with being notified when a buyer likes my items?  I noticed when I was shopping for a few tops that numerous sellers sent me an offer within minutes of me clicking the like button.  I tested it again when I was shopping for my hubby.  I liked a few items and was sent an offer again within a few minutes.  I purchased my items and now I would like to know how I can set this up on my seller account.  Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.  Thank you and happy Thanksgiving holiday to all.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@reallynicestamps wrote:

What  "like" button?

Do you mean you put it on your Watch List?

If you hit the 'like' button it doesn't put it on a watch list, but does notify the seller that they can send an offer (if the buyer has their settings to accept offers).

@a*growing*girls*closet  The task pane on your seller hub will tell you who which items have been liked or put on someone's watch list. Also, if someone has looked at a particular item several times - "listings eligible to send offers" - ETA - this is how I do it.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 154332.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What  "like" button?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

What  "like" button?

If you hit the 'like' button it doesn't put it on a watch list, but does notify the seller that they can send an offer (if the buyer has their settings to accept offers).

@a*growing*girls*closet  The task pane on your seller hub will tell you who which items have been liked or put on someone's watch list. Also, if someone has looked at a particular item several times - "listings eligible to send offers" - ETA - this is how I do it.

Screenshot 2023-11-21 154332.jpg

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yes.  I click the heart button and that’s what I call the like button, lol.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@a*growing*girls*closet wrote:

Yes.  I click the heart button and that’s what I call the like button, lol.

That's what they call it most places - on Poshmark it's super common to do this and how you know to send offers.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I don’t have best offer on because I think my items are priced fairly with other sellers.  When a buyer looks at my item and clicks the heart button isn’t that a like?  How can I know when the buyer views the item and clicks that heart?  Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

To enable the auto offers......first you have to send an offer to watchers.......on that form there is a box to check if you want to have offers sent automatically.......

dhbookds_0-1700611615406.png

Check out the "learn more".........I have seen some sellers have problems because they can't figure out how to stop the offers, or want to change something that can't be changed as there is an offer out........

Learn more is here 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-buy-now/adding-best-offer-listing?id=4144

This type of offer is explained at the bottom of the page........

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I believe the heart symbol is used for the Save Seller but not to "like" an individual item. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

On the search results page, if you click on the heart in the corner of the Gallery image, you are putting the item on your Watch list.  Try it!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks-I was looking for that!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@murph1727 wrote:

I believe the heart symbol is used for the Save Seller but not to "like" an individual item. 

It saves the item to your watch list - that translates into 'watcher' for sending offers. It's basically a 'like' - in Poshmark it also sends the item to a list.

Sometimes one will have an item come up eligible to send offers with "0" watchers, but someone has looked at that item a certain number of times (I thought it was three times).

There's no way to know who those watchers/likes are on this site, though.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 11
latest reply