cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many items do full time sellers list daily ?

As a full-time seller, I always wondered how many items I list as compared to the other  full-time sellers. I’ll go first I typically list 20- 30  items per day. How about you ?  Please do share ! 😊

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: How many items do full time sellers list daily ?

@clown_car_driver ,

I agree having a lot of followers definentely helps sales. I'm approaching 2,000 followers now.  

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Thank you! I really do appreciate you sharing this information! I’m new at this. I was getting sales now all I see is zero watches zero views. I even opened a store. 🤷‍♀️

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Thank you so much. I’m listing all I can! I’m new at listing regularly. 

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Thank you very much for input and advice! I appreciate it! 

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

It depends on what I have available to list. But my goal is to list 10 per day minimum! 

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I do one listing a day, always have.
Because the tortoise won the race, slow and consistent.

Doing that helps me price good, meaning if I am not filling my store then my prices are too low. 

Like a few other sellers I may take pictures one day, sometimes several items, then I space out the listing over three days.

@redlinear wrote:

And that considers we have learned how to cheat a little bit and re-use some pics and descriptions.

Oh...
Careful don't make too many of these but I learned to use the setting that keeps 0 quantity items listed, then when I want to "re-list" I simply change the 0 to a 1 (or whatever quantity I have). 

@redlinear wrote:

The main issues are:
Takes too long to research prices with the search results jacked up like they are.
Takes too long to work your way through a listing with all the item specifics. Things nobody would know, wouldn't care, and Four places for part number? 
There's a category for EVERYTHING it seems with many overlapping. Takes awhile on some items to figure out the best category.
Compatibilities?  Just ignore that, I don't have ALL day.....
Where two photo's and a description would do.  Now it's 4 to 10 pics and a description, and a copy that description and paste it in Condition.
Too much redundancy.
Listing used to be fun.  Kinda sucks now

I'm with you there, almost word for word.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

I probably do around 20-30 a month, unless it is a seasonal items, like Communion or Christmas season. Then it is more that amount weekly. I have a website to keep fresh too, and social media sites, so there are only so many hours in a day. 

Good for you though! That's amazing. 

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

A Multi item repeatable is just having multiple of the same thing. Sometimes in different colors or sizes on the same listing. An example would be the same shirt in various sizes or even just multiple of the exact same thing. I have found items like this when businesses close and are getting rid of inventory for cheap. It is not easy to find things like that if you are sourcing from a thrift store or garage sales but its not impossible.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

@mightymouse wrote:

Full time but not that much energy. I shoot for about 30 a week unless Ebay makes changes in item specifics. I'm still playing catch up from their last change. 

I'm STILL finding stuff in wrong categories after they did that last wholesale deletion of MANY sub categories. It's exhausting looking for them and now I just fix them when I come across them.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

As far as listing. I have a FT j.o.b. still so I list what I can when I can.

Sometimes I have a batch of 'like' items and I can pretty much do one listing then knock out listings for as many of those as I have at about 30 seconds a pop (assuming I already took the photos of course).

Other times I have one offs where I need to do research and measurements etc and that can take a while.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

I list 40-50 items one day out of every 7. I use the auction format exclusively so I simply schedule all items to start on Thursday's and fun for 10 days. 

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@tammiegoldenhair  has 200+ new listings today. 
That’s a substantial increase from just 10 months ago. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

As a team we list between 150-300 items a week, so since we do a 5 day work week, that's up to 60 items a day.

We have four people that can list, though they're not all listing constantly, so that would be the equivalent of up to 15 listings a day per person, and we have the advantage of having the ability to rotate who takes photos, sorts and shelves items, etc.

We're a bigger seller than some and much smaller than some, I'd call us a medium sized business here on eBay.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

On days I do listings I go for 150-200 in one day. I have a system down with pictures and google image search. Usually can do 150-200 in 4 hours or so if I am zoned in.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

I list around 120 auctions every week.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply