cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get Business verified?

I have had issues with my debit card for a few months.  It was working until maybe last April.  I have contacted Ebay multiple times about it.  This last week I tried to give it one more try with a different card.  I had to change the address on Ebay to match the bank statement.  Well , that debit card didn't work so I changed the address back to the one we always had. 

A few hours later , I get a notification on Ebay that they need to verify my business.  I click on the info as correct and the next day they say they couldn't verify the info but didn't say why.  So I uploaded my business licence.  The next day that is kicked back because it doesn't match the address on Ebay.  So I change the address on Ebay and upload my EIN letter because I noticed my Business License doesn't have the EIN number on it.   (Just to clarify we have our business bank account and Ebay set up with a PO Box because we don't want our home address on Ebay. We got the business license before we got the PO Box.)

Anyways I have been waiting since Friday morning.  I did contact customer support on Saturday morning and they said they were going to send it for a manual review and said it would take 24 to 48 hours.  

This is just crazy because we have been selling on Ebay fairly consistently for 8 years now.  They have my money on hold because of all this too.  

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long does it take to get Business verified?

@super_sunny_sales 

If I were you I would reach out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who work for eBay and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful. 

Tomorrow is a holiday for many so they may not respond until the next day.  Get hold of them today and let them know what's going on.  You're a long standing seller with great reviews.  You need to get back on the playing field.

I wish you Good Luck and a positive outcome.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

There are different types of Debit cards, few seem to have problems with a mastercard or visa branded ATM card for their bank account.. If the bank account is acceptable, so is the card.

An increasing number of sellers are having problems with Mastercard or Visa gift cards labeled as debit cards which are not linked to a bank account.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

that was the crazy thing because initially our debit card and bank account were from the same bank.  I was told by a Ebay customer support person that the reason it wasn't working was because they were from the same bank...lol  It worked before so why would that change things now...

anyways, I am giving up on the debit card thing for now.   The issue now is they are trying to verify my business.  I assume changing the address triggered something.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

It could be the PO box that is causing the problems.

Managed Payments requires a real address, not a PO box.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Our PO box has a street address we can use.  Also we have had no issues with our checking account and the debit card worked until April or May..

also that isn't my current issue.  My issue is this business verification thing which is a separate thing from bank verification..  I am just wondering how long it usually takes..

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I currently have the address set  to our home address to match the EIN letter..  So that shouldn't be an issue.  They usually kick back the proof within 24 hours so maybe it is a good thing they haven't yet.  Just really would like to have access to my funds though..

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@super_sunny_sales 

If I were you I would reach out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who work for eBay and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts on this forum with their ability to be helpful. 

Tomorrow is a holiday for many so they may not respond until the next day.  Get hold of them today and let them know what's going on.  You're a long standing seller with great reviews.  You need to get back on the playing field.

I wish you Good Luck and a positive outcome.  

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The Facebook for business page has helped me remove feedback in the past. 

A few months back I did ask for help for the debit card issue and they said they couldn't handle that type of thing (due to the sensitive information involved and security purposes) .  So I am not sure they could help with the business verification thing..

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I had been debating asking them and it doesn't hurt to ask though so I just messaged them..

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Contacted customer support again today because the person last night said I would hear something within 24 hours.  This person said ", since the verification process requires specialized tools to investigate,  it takes some time to get this completed."   they also said they would contact the team and to wait 24 to 48 hours!! 😮

Everyone I have talked to since Friday says 24 to 48 hours...  

Now they just told me that it usually takes 48 hours to 72 hours.  And the reason for the delay is possibly because I uploaded more than one document.  I literally had to because the first one was rejected!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Just heard back from the Facebook group and they said they couldn't help me because of security reason.. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

the issue did resolve on Monday and my funds were released.. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@super_sunny_sales 

Great to read!  

Happy Selling!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply