cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is October going?

Just checking in. I'm down 44% over the last 30 days.  And down 53% compared to the last year.  Are those numbers about the same for everyone else?  

Or is everyone just crushing it? 

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

How is October going?

I've noticed a major drop in sales activity, and a drop in views and watchers.  I wonder if the Sales Tax changes are chasing people away?

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Mine also. Not sure the reason...I have scrutinized and edited my listings per Ebay´s suggestions...but still not seeing any difference.
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Not the same for me.......not doing that much better, but a little from last year.....I don't pay too much attention to month to month........  Last year I had some pretty hot sellers......this year not so much.

On the tax thing, the acting CEO seems to say in yesterday's conference call that there is some negative reaction to the sale tax......  they expect that to level out as more states enact it and buyers realize there may no longer be a way to avoid.....

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

@algebrawizard wrote:

I've noticed a major drop in sales activity, and a drop in views and watchers.  I wonder if the Sales Tax changes are chasing people away?

Could be ,, but once buyers get used to it ,, it'll probably go back to normal .. Just temporary  IMO  - Tulips 

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

@briawashingto-1 wrote:

Just checking in. I'm down 44% over the last 30 days.  And down 53% compared to the last year.  Are those numbers about the same for everyone else?  

Not crushing it for sure,, here that is  . I've only made a few small sales on e bay lately . Hoping for an improvement soon as the holiday seasons  get closer .  Tulips 

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Doing fine. No complaints. 1-4 sales daily. Missed a sale 3 days out of the last 45.

product + price =  sale

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Of course sales tax is driving away business. Especially for bigger ticket items like guitars. It won't help brick and mortar stores that much even though they're partially behind the tax. People don't want to drive and park when they can purchase online and save time. It will kill many jobs and severely slow down an already slowed economy. A pathetic development. The super wealthy got tax cuts and everyday buyers and sellers got shafted big time.
Message 8 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Down slightly, just a few percent.  I had a rare 0 sales day the other day.

I hope things pick up for you!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

@briawashingto-1 wrote:

I'm down 65% compared to last Oct. I do compare to last year, since I sell toys and collectibles, this is supposed to be when sales should be going up, but instead they are awful! So you are not alone. 

Sales 10-24-19.JPG

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Awesome!!
Message 11 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Side note - your magazines don't qualify for media mail.  

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Atrocious. Was up 46% at the end of August, but have dropped to -5% on the year. Today is my first zero dollar day in more than 2 years. Data from the past few days is not showing up in my Seller Hub charts, promoted listings is trying to tell me I have 1200 promoted items when I only have 800 some in my store, and of course the item specifics circus from earlier in the week. Complete waste of time at this point. 

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

Disgusting, that's how it's going. I'll be moving more vintage stuff to Etsy as I can, and toys to Amazon in January.

These guys at eBay have totally destroyed small sellers with a horrible search engine, no advertising and relentlessly bad policies. I could fix the whole place myself in one week.

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

How is October going?

You are not alone.  My sales have plummeted over the last 60 days.  I am down somewhere in the range of than 50-70% from August. TRS seller with 100% Feedback rating, ship same day up to 5:00 pm EST, free shipping on EVERYTHING, and over 3500+ listings. I could add more listings, but I hesitate since it might be a waste of time.  

Message 15 of 54
latest reply