cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a refund from UPS for a damaged item.

April 23 I mailed an item that was received broken.   Once the tracking number was on the UPS web side I tried to file a claim.  It keeps telling me that I can't file a claim at this time.  I only have 60 days to file a claim.  I have contacted the UPS where I dropped it off and they can't help.  Gave me a number to call which is just a recording.  No Humans.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Check weblink below and at the bottom of the page it explains how to file UPS claim.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/shipping-insurance?id=4643&st=3&pos=1&query=Shippin...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

But don't get your hopes up.  I've heard nothing but horror stories lately about both the USPS and UPS damage claims.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have UPS stores everywhere where I can walk to.

I suggest going to a UPS Store to see what can be done.

Refunds work for items lost in the mail. 

Something damaged in the mail is not easy to get a refund. They usually tell you it wasn't packed correctly.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When I see posts like this, I usually believe the item was improperly packed.

However

OP appears to sell a lot of fragile products and has 100% feedback with a lot of sold items. So, I'm going to go with the probability that the item was packed correctly.

I've heard the carriers can be hard to make a damage claim correctly, but wishing you luck.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@frankenhobbit wrote:

When I see posts like this, I usually believe the item was improperly packed.

However

OP appears to sell a lot of fragile products and has 100% feedback with a lot of sold items. So, I'm going to go with the probability that the item was packed correctly.

I've heard the carriers can be hard to make a damage claim correctly, but wishing you luck.

They've been known to claim improper packaging even if the package has tire marks on it.  Apparently you're supposed to use an inch-thick steel box now with NASCAR restraints inside. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It is not impossible to get an insurance claim approved.  I had one approved, but the box was punctured. 

But for fragile items, packed well or not?  I've not seen anyone with success in several years.  I don't even try.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply