cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sell anything from Norway?

I have been a buyer on ebay for two decades, and I'm now finally trying to sell an item on ebay for the first time. However, it seems impossible, as I always end up having problems with the shipping costs. Every time I'm being asked to enter shipping options from the country where my item is listed, and as there is no Norwegian Ebay site, I really don't know how to go about to sell something on ebay. 
I've surfed, looking for answers, and have found lots ot posts where Norwegians have asked how to sell things on Ebay. However  none of them have received any relevant  answers! Not even Ebay seem to be able to provide any useful information!!
My question is simple, and I¨m surprised that nobody seems to be able to give a simple answer. How do I list things on Ebay with a Norwegian account? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You would need to list as a flat rate to wherever you wish to ship to when using the USA site.

Perhaps listing on The UK ebay site may be of additional help.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you are listing items on the USA domain and showing the item as being located in Norway then you have a couple of shipping entries to set based on the weight and dimensions of the package. The first would be a domestic sale somewhere in Norway and the other would be an international rate if you are going to sell internationally. 

It is difficult for me to advise on how to set those costs since I am not familiar with the postal services in Norway or their rates. Do your postal services have different rates for domestic shipping and if so can you calculate those costs based on size and weight. If so you can use the same cost to all buyers for your postage cost and enter that number into the domestic shipping cost. 

Not sure how your postal service charges for international shipments but again something you could research based on the size, weight and destination. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

To put it simply, you need to use Flat Rate shipping, the Calculator won't work.

If you list on eBay.com there is a a choice to show shipping as "from outside the US", use that.

If your prime market is the US then listing on .com makes sense, if your prime market is Europe perhaps one of the EU sites will be better.

If you have not already registered for Managed Payments, do that first and make sure everything is verified before you start listing.

It can be a bit tricky registering as the system is designed for US based sellers. It might be best to register through an EEA eBay site as the payments are operated via different countries for different areas.

slippinjimmy_0-1679980351826.png

https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms.html#article-1

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi and welcome! 

eBay has Help pages for international sellers who wish to list on eBay.com. It is called eBay Export, see link below to get started.

https://export.ebay.com/en/

Message 5 of 5
latest reply