cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I opt out of seller offers just because I looked at their listing?

Just because I glance at someone's listing doesn't mean I want to be bombarded with offers. It's not on my watch list. If I wanted it I would buy it or message the seller. Please help! It is the most annoying problem tons of messages every day. It does seem desperate on their part, it's out of hand now. Stop stalking!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: How do I opt out of seller offers just because I looked at their listing?

I like receiving offers for things I'm watching to buy, but I agree they aren't appreciated for items I just look at and don't wish to place on my watch list.   Those are often things I'm actually selling and I looked for pricing.  I've had a couple of my items sell where the buyer thought it was an offer for their item so they accepted the offer not realizing they just bought the item instead.

As a seller that sends offers to watchers, is there any way for me to limit them to watchers only and not grazers?  Or is there any way for me to know when I look at my items to send offers on?  I do occasionally see a zero watcher item indicating I can send an offer, but I always skip those.   

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Won't help me. I want a box to block offers from SELLERS.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

Strange that I don't get more........I sure look at alot of stuff........don't have any blocks in place. 

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Strange that I don't get more........I sure look at alot of stuff........don't have any blocks in place. 

Same here and I certainly look at lots of stuff...even on this board, but rarely get any offers on those.  I am concerned about sending offers, though, since it seems to annoy so many.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

You're getting them from Ebay not the sellers . Unless I have a watcher there is no way I know who looked at my item to be able to send any offers.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Log out of eBay before searching.   Cookies too should be cleared to keep the snoopy noses at bey.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

my offers just went up today to approx. 30! a few from something I looked at 3 days ago....I don't mind getting an offer from something I put on my watch list, it's the ones that say "Because you viewed this item, here is an offer" it is really overwhelming, my messages/notifications are loaded. it never used to be this bad, a few offers here & there, but it seems like it is getting worse daily. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

I'm sorry that I thought it was the seller, I did not realize. Ebay really needs to stop. it should be up to the seller & the buyer should be able to opt out. thanks for the info. 

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

great advice! i never log out, I will give this a try. thank you!

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

if you're getting offers, that should mean you have placed the item in your watch list. 

I believe there is a setting to refuse offers but cannot guide you on that. 

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

nope, none on watchlist, getting a message saying because you "viewed" this item, here is an offer

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@glowin_bewtie 

I get the same things.  Just window shopping, don't even have it saved on my watch list.  I'm not sure if you can turn off this feature, but it does tend to be annoying.  I actually had an offer on an item that can't even be sold here on eBay. lol.  Way to go AI!!!

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

if you're getting offers, that should mean you have placed the item in your watch list. 

I believe there is a setting to refuse offers but cannot guide you on that. 

You can get offers without putting the item on your watch list - this is the problem. See upthread.

Blocking offers from sellers was discussed upthread.

GENERAL: I'm wondering if eBay has changed their criteria for sending offers - it used to be if the buyer viewed the item three times it became eligible for an offer. If that changed that, I can see someone actually getting bombarded with them.

This makes me think twice about sending offers to people who have items on their watch list (I don't send them on items with 0 watchers as I think this would be annoying).

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 48
latest reply

interesting. 

I only send offers under my 'Listings eligible to send offers'. 

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

I've unchecked the box also and still get bombarded with them..daily

Message 30 of 48
latest reply