cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I bulk update my listings description?

I have many listings that need to be updated with the same exact wording placed at the end of the description. When I attempt to use the bulk listing tool it says that my listings are not eligible for this. 

These following instructions don't work, when at the Item Description I cannot edit it "Your listings are not eligible".

Is there a criteria? If so, what is it? How do I know or where to find this info? These instructions simply don't work for the listings I'm wanting to update the description on.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/Add-note-to-listings/m-p/33099113#M243575

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: How can I bulk update my listings description?

It doesn't say that anywhere. I just figured it out, after struggling and struggling like you were.

I was just making up a pretend sentence about combined shipping to use as an example of how to do it. You don't have to add a combined shipping sentence if you don't want to. I was guessing about what you wanted to say.  

If I have trouble combining shipping, what I do is make a special listing with all the items they want, with the total and with the combined shipping, then message them the eBay number of the listing for them to purchase. It's a little more trouble, but it works. 

Sorry you are so frustrated.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

If I have trouble combining shipping, what I do is make a special listing with all the items they want, with the total and with the combined shipping, then message them the eBay number of the listing for them to purchase. It's a little more trouble, but it works. 

@candd205... that's what I do, too. It works out better from the front end to the back end.

@czekl123 

You might consider this workaround. ^^^ Sometimes on eBay, it's like shopping at Workarounds R Us for sellers.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@czekl123 wrote:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 1.37.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 1.38.37 PM.png

Now what? Looks like it's checked. Which option do I select? What do I do? There's no simple option to combine, and it looks like if I do select these other options I have to select in there and then go back and change hundreds of listings again? 

@czekl123 

From this (and not knowing how long a 'time period' you'll have to cover)... maybe extend it? After this sale you could change it back at will. We're really trying to answer your specific issue, but I think you've stumped the panel. And we're good...

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

All these fingers crossed work arounds suck, not the effort you guys put in but the amount of time I'm wasting to do the most basic function trying to run a store. I'm not going to try any thing now, nor spend anymore time hoping any of these fixes work. 

I've been researching card buyers to offload my collection at a discount. Congratulations Ebay, you've played yourself, the thousands of dollars you're about to lose in fees from me because of your stupid webstie and constant changes are forcing me to close shop and sell to someone else. I just simply can't keep doing this. 

I appreciate your guys help but Ebay just sucks, they hate sellers and I can't understand why.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Is it possible you had an offer out on that item? If you have sent an offer the listing cannot be updated until it expires. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply