cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are sellers handling the 8% postal and Ebay fee increase ?

I removed handling charges from all listings expect for media ones. Those I only lowered from 35 cents to 8 cents to maintain the $4 cost. All other items I lowered the asking price by 50 cents each. Took most of the morning to get things back to where they where before the outrageous increase. I am also thinking about apologizing to my buyers in the description for the crazy cost of shipping.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I am unaware of a 8% ebay and/or postal fee increase.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Check your listings. Everyone one of mine went up. 1 pound or more went from $7.18 to $8.50. Media went up from $3.65 to $3.92. All my other items that are heavy went up anywhere from $11.50 to $18.00. Even the lightweight items went up slightly. And on top of that Ebay charges 13% of that increase so they too made out.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

I haven't seen any increases at all. Some shipping fees have gone down and my ebay fees are identical. If your having shipping issues maybe try Pirateship.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

WOW, very strange. So I am the only one to check my listings and see my buyers are being charged approximately 8% MORE ? Hmmm...

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@nickelsanddimes2015 wrote:

I haven't seen any increases at all. Some shipping fees have gone down and my ebay fees are identical. If your having shipping issues maybe try Pirateship.

I use Ebay calculated shipping for all my items. Has always been fine until now that the PO increased their prices.

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Like all the other increases I've dealt with since becoming a seller on ebay?

Find a way to make the buyer pay for it.

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

Cannot do that. Buyers will not pay $8.50 shipping for a $7.00 T-shirt, or a $7.50 water bottle, or a $9.00 plastic toy. I have a 40% sell through rate every ninety days and expect to keep it that way.

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@dirk12955 wrote:

Cannot do that. Buyers will not pay $8.50 shipping for a $7.00 T-shirt, or a $7.50 water bottle, or a $9.00 plastic toy. I have a 40% sell through rate every ninety days and expect to keep it that way.

Yes they will if your item has the demand. Or just do free shipping and a $15.50 t shirt. It's your choice if you want to sacrifice profit for keeping your sell through rate. To each his own.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

@dirk12955   OK, for you it works because you sell stamps. You do not sell things that weight more than a pound. For the rest of us it is a HUGE increase.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@nickelsanddimes2015   Can you explain how you are listing things shipping first class when they weight more than a pound ?

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

This might sound really unusual, but I found a way to use less packing tape on my packages that will do the same job. Less supplies = less overhead.

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

LOL... Yeah tape is very heavy. I think I need to call Ebay for the first time in years as I seem to be the only one that noticed a huge postal increase on my listings.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Check your listings. Everyone one of mine went up. 1 pound or more went from $7.18 to $8.50.

I literally just bought a 2 lb USPS label for $7.20 not 30 minutes ago.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

First class is now Ground advantage. First class doesn't exist any longer but the first class rates are the same.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply