cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Optimize Sales to Increase Selling Limits

Hi everyone! I could use some guidance on a dilemma I'm facing with my eBay selling limits. Currently, I have a limit of $100 and  5 items, (I sold 4 items last month, one return, didnt get the increase)  Most of what I have to sell is $100 or more, will it count the same towards increasing my limits if i sell 1 item for $100, or do I need the 5 sales ?  Thank you in advance for your valuable advice!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How Can I Optimize Sales to Increase Selling Limits

EBay uses a number of factors with regards to selling limits although they don't appear to apply it consistently. Reference the following information on selling limits. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

100$ and 5 items?

There is no way.

Maybe have to upgrade to the pay subscription. If you get in on the lowest one I think it's only 5$ per month maybe. But ya you kind of have to do it gives you like 500 listings per month.

You still need to keep your feedback score high for multiple reasons but ya you can pay I think.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@kdubyaa 

You are giving inaccurate information.

Getting a store subscription will not increase monthly selling limits. The OPs monthly selling limit is $100.00 and 5 items 

Store subscription will do nothing to increase that. 
IMG_1483.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ok good call that's tough.

The entry did not used to be that low if I am not mistaken. 

I don't know it does say "more free listings per month" but I guess that is dependent on selling limits.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@kdubyaa wrote:

100$ and 5 items?

There is no way.

Maybe have to upgrade to the pay subscription. If you get in on the lowest one I think it's only 5$ per month maybe. But ya you kind of have to do it gives you like 500 listings per month.

You still need to keep your feedback score high for multiple reasons but ya you can pay I think.

No, @kdubyaa , afraid that won’t work for the USA eBay site. Getting a subscription to a store does not increase one’s selling limits.

@yourbestchoicebuy what will increase your limits is successful transactions. And try to avoid returns if possible. I don’t know what the reason was for the return, but sales without issues are what eBay wants to see. Even if something happens beyond your control, concentrate all efforts to ensuring smooth transactions, good feedback, and excellent customer service.

(Honestly, i do not know if more small sales vs. one large one makes a difference. Hopefully someone will have a point of view on it.)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@yourbestchoicebuy 

First you need some current history / transactions as a seller for at least 30 days.

When a seller desires to increase their selling limits, they are allowed to request an increase once every 30 days. Mark your calendar and every 30 days request an increase until you have your selling limit well above anything you think you will ever need. Below is a link to where you can go to ask for a selling limit increase. It is the third option in the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/sl

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply