cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Season Sales

This will be my first holiday season as a seller.

What preparations have you made for your business?

Based on prior experience, what do you anticipate for sales compared to the rest of the year?

We would love to hear your anecdotes!!

Myself I have just purchased a large bit of inventory and also much shipping material - so that I do not have to deal with holiday shipping as a customer.  When should we expect USPS to begin experiencing increased mail volume and delays?

Thank you for your insights!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Holiday Season Sales

I don't remember the last holiday season as having major delivery issues like they did in 2020 and perhaps 2021.

Starting around the 3rd week in November I use mainly UPS and cut back on USPS shipments, especially on the more expensive items. UPS seems to get it delivered no matter what.

There are particular states and individual USPS distribution centers that consistently have problems with volume overload during the holidays.

Like a lot of us, I watch the shipping board here over the holidays to identify USPS issues over the holidays.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Holiday Season Sales

Well since my sales are 70% down from last September I expect this quarter to be conspicuously easy. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Holiday Season Sales

I try to get all outgrown toys and holiday clothes listed by Thanksgiving and then hope for the best!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Holiday Season Sales

Most of the items I sell are bought by people for their own use or collections.

My sales will slow as they buy gifts for others.

My sales usually peak in January when my buyers buy for themselves again, and use gift cards they have received. As always, I do not count on that peak because when times are hard they have a hard time paying their credit card bills.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Holiday Season Sales

I'll probably do the same thing as the last few years.

Shut down about a week before Thanksgiving and reopen after the New Year.

If it's like last year, didn't have to worry about shutting down, sales were so bad.

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply