cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Us

I have sold on ebay since the beginning.  ebay has made changes over the years and some i personally did not like but i adapted.  this new change far outpaces all stupidity put on this planet.  i sell mainly in holiday/seasonal.  previous to this change we had to pick from 3 time periods under each holiday.  now on the buyer side of the new introduction of filters - THERE ARE 27 TO PICK FROM. but on the seller side, i can only pick one.  so where do i put the item when 9 of the new 27 date filters cross over timelines.  EX: to cover the year 1930 a buyer can pick 4 filters but as a seller i can only pick one.  ebay is trying to make holiday seasonal into like shopping for shoes.  2 totally different entities.  i called ebay this morning and got a really smart young lady and i walked her through both sides, screen by screen, as a buyer and a seller.  she was sorta speechless when she saw the problem and said she would issue an expedited tkt to the programmers to see if the problem can be resolved.  in the meantime, how do i edit the 1300 items i have listed now.  it was not broke before so why is it broke now

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Help Us

Glad you got someone who understood the dilemma.

No idea if that will change anything.

I have stopped editing.  It is a mess.  In fact in seasonal, mess does not begin to describe it. 

We are waiting to see.  In the meantime, this means no sales.  Store on vacay mode.  Dont need a buyer issue over this disaster.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

@katzrul15 wrote:

Glad you got someone who understood the dilemma.

No idea if that will change anything.

The customer service rep is just a front line person, who has NO say what so ever.  I have 15 years experience in customer service for various companies.  Some reps like to agree with the frustrated / Angry caller on the other end by agreeing with them, and avoiding conflict...

Tricks of the trade. Using different words like "transfer" vs "connect".  I'll transfer you to so and so or that dept sounds like your just passing the buck. Instead Let me connect you to so and so or this dept sounds like you are attempting to give the caller more hope or action to resolve their problem.

Anyway, she UNDERSTOOD the dilemma / situation alright to avoid a heated caller and to get him or her off her back, and make it seem like the problem will be looked at or handled.  Haha!

ZZZZ_32.jpg

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

I have also figured out another problem.  on the seller side in the holiday seasonal category, there is no dropdown filter for which holiday it is.  so on the buyer side if your filter is christmas then lights, you will get nothing, but if you just filter holiday seasonal lights (no specific holiday), you get every light for every holiday know to mankind.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

Correct.

I created my own item specifics for these issues in the past.

ALL gone.  😫😖

The UPCs.  All gone.  Series.  Gone.  Choices make no sense, not even logical. 

Mind numbing.  Someone who never bought an ornament, let alone never listed one to sell was evidently in charge of the item specifics.  No where to put "features" (i.e. music, sound, motion, etc)

If we have to start over, I don't wanna sell here anymore.   

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

I wouldn't edit anything right now - I think eBay is getting bombarded with calls from sellers about this exact issue. I can't remember the thread but I saw a post yesterday where a Seller had called and spoke to eBay customer service about the listings and he was told is was a bug. It would be nice if eBay released a statement on this - so we know whether this is a permanent change or just a temporary bug.

You're 100% right though, I've been using eBay for close to 12 years and basically every change in policy they've ever made is done to maximize the amount of money they can make off us Sellers in fees and other junk. I cannot imagine who this change is helping - buyers can't find items and sellers can't list them. I would think they are losing out on lots of revenue with this stuff but who knows.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

I am glad for you that you have figured out how to create and post memes. But must you do it in every thread?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Help Us

Well at least you got someone who did their job very well and placated you by telling you they were going to have this looked at quickly and then she got off the phone and ordered some delivery for lunch knowing no one would be doing anything about your expedited ticket. 😂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply