cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an eBay store is really paying off!

Selling on eBay certainly is...………..what??!   In the last 9 days, I've sold $11.65 on here.  On FB - $165  On Kijiji - $40.  What a joke!   Good luck to all.    🙂

Message 1 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

Re: Having an eBay store is really paying off!

@sakic92710 wrote:

Yes.....yes.   Been selling online since 2001. 

--Makes no difference.

I investigate sold items before choosing a price.  Also - this is what BEST OFFER is for.  Don't like my prices?  OFFER! 

--A lot of buyers just won't bother

You can see on my feedback how many items I've sold with offers.  Several of my listings, also, do not have any competition nor sold listings to compare prices to.  

--There may be reasons for that other than them being rare. Could be that there just isn't a market for them.

I'm not going to lower my prices to please the cheap-os.   lol 

--You're right, it much better to be buried in merchandise than to have money in your pocket.

If a previous item sold for $100 US, I'm not going to sell mine for $30.  

--Depends on the item. If that one buyer comes along and there is only one priced at $100 and he's willing to pay that much doesn't mean that there will be another buyer who is willing to pay that much.

Just sayin'

Message 76 of 103
latest reply

Yes.....yes. Been selling online since 2001.

--Makes no difference.

*** It means I don't need meaningless advice that won't improve dismal sales at all.

I investigate sold items before choosing a price. Also - this is what BEST OFFER is for. Don't like my prices? OFFER!

***Then they won't get what I'm selling unless they like paying highest price I list for.

You can see on my feedback how many items I've sold with offers. Several of my listings, also, do not have any competition nor sold listings to compare prices to.

--There may be reasons for that other than them being rare. Could be that there just isn't a market for them.

***  Not true - there are NO CFL / Hamilton Tiger-cats fans who wish to add this vintage item to their "man cave"  ??

I'm not going to lower my prices to please the cheap-os. lol

--You're right, it much better to be buried in merchandise than to have money in your pocket.

***Yes - makes perfect sense to sell everything for less than what I pay.  Excellent business advice.

--Depends on the item. If that one buyer comes along and there is only one priced at $100 and he's willing to pay that much doesn't mean that there will be another buyer who is willing to pay that much.

***So they can make a reasonable offer.  $60??            Just sayin'    😛

Message 77 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

I investigate sold items before choosing a price. Also - this is what BEST OFFER is for. Don't like my prices? OFFER!

***Then they won't get what I'm selling unless they like paying highest price I list for.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. You're not the only seller on the block and as I said before your items are not all that special. There's nothing wrong with the stuff in your store but most of it can be found elsewhere, often for less money. 

Message 78 of 103
latest reply

You completely misunderstood my comment.  I meant they won't get it from ME.  Not that they won't get it - period.

Message 79 of 103
latest reply

Now another seller saying my stuff is overpriced.  As I say to the other one - show me the evidence of how all of my items are overpriced.  Even show 20% of it.

Message 80 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Now another seller saying my stuff is overpriced.  As I say to the other one - show me the evidence of how all of my items are overpriced.  Even show 20% of it.

I'll bite.  Check the sold prices for 1970 Toronto Maple Leaf pennants.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 81 of 103
latest reply

In true eBay fashion, they show me nothing but, jerseys, a painted skull, rings, etc.  Zero pennants.  Sold & completed.

Message 82 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Yes.....yes. Been selling online since 2001.

--Makes no difference.

*** It means I don't need meaningless advice that won't improve dismal sales at all.

--Seems more that it means you are stuck in your ways and don't believe that any advice you get will help. How is not trying any suggestions you've been given in the many threads you post about working for you?

--Well. It's working. They aren't getting what you're selling at any price.

You can see on my feedback how many items I've sold with offers. Several of my listings, also, do not have any competition nor sold listings to compare prices to.

***  Not true - there are NO CFL / Hamilton Tiger-cats fans who wish to add this vintage item to their "man cave"  ??

--Apparently not...

I'm not going to lower my prices to please the cheap-os. lol

***Yes - makes perfect sense to sell everything for less than what I pay.  Excellent business advice.

--I didn't say to sell below what you paid. But perhaps you should consider that you're paying too much for items in a market that doesn't seem to exist.

***So they can make a reasonable offer.  $60??            Just sayin'    😛

--Except they aren't. Just sayin'

I do very much hope that you find the right strategy that spurs some sales. I just think you might need to keep an open mind and maybe try something different. I mean, you are here posting a lot about no sales; maybe more than you realize. I don't know. I guess just best of luck to you

Message 83 of 103
latest reply

This time, they show me 3 - none match mine.  1 sold for best offer ($40 price), 1 for $15+ and 1 for $60.

Message 84 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

Sometimes you don't need evidence of sales, but rather evidence of lack of sales to prove a point.

Message 85 of 103
latest reply

Thanks for the well wishes.  Best of luck to you, also.  Here are prime examples of why I'm annoyed with VERY inconsistent sales.  On Jan. 28/29 I sold $245 US.  Next 10 days - $17.55.  About 2 weeks prior to that, I sold $135 US in 1 day.  Nothing sold after that for 7+ days.  This is a pattern that continues.  For me, this is the website's interference with my sales - whatever methods they use to allow random sellers to do well instead of just letting everyone do well all of the time.  It's not a conspiracy theory.  There is constant interruption in how less profitable sellers are able to make $ here.  We could be more profitable if they stopped screwing around.  eBay reminds me of office people who make all decisions in the operation of plants when they know NOTHING about how the plant functions!   lol

Message 86 of 103
latest reply

I thought the point was my stuff is overpriced & there are examples showing it?      🙂

Message 87 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

It's not our job to do your research. You came here asking for opinions. 

Message 88 of 103
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

You completely misunderstood my comment.  I meant they won't get it from ME.  Not that they won't get it - period.

Sorry, my bad. I should have understood that even though it is not what you said the first time. 

Message 89 of 103
latest reply

The first time, I said if they don't send best offers & want the item(s) from me, the only other way to buy from me would to pay my full asking price.  I didn't ask for opinions; when someone says my items are overpriced, I asked for the evidence.  I do research my items before pricing them.  If I don't find similar sold items, I just go by what I paid for something without trying to get a ridiculous profit out of it.

Message 90 of 103
latest reply