cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone here ever marked up an item to an exorbitant amount and had someone buy it?

I don't think I would do something like that but I wanted to see if there were any stories out there.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Has anyone here ever marked up an item to an exorbitant amount and had someone buy it?

@Anonymous wrote:

@house*of*paws wrote:

@bonddm_07 wrote:

Did you mean to buy it or was it an accident?

@bonddm_07 

A totally mortifying accident.  

[I still haven’t figured out how I confirmed the BIN … so I can never again mock a buyer who claims to have purchased an item ‘accidentally’.  LOL]

HAHA. It probably happened before the immediate payment required days. 😃

It was a few years ago.  IPR existed  … but wasn’t on that listing.

It was before MP … so the seller was charged FV fees immediately.  

I was a Mentor … so I groveled humbly while trying to explain to the seller HOW I messed up.  

[I felt guilty that I didn’t consider paying … despite having admonished numerous OPs to pay for their mistakes.  Everything was just so AWFUL and WRONG … yet strangely hilarious.  🤪 ]

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Has anyone here ever marked up an item to an exorbitant amount and had someone buy it?

One needs be careful about giving advice.  As has happened to all of us, it can come back and bite the advisor on the backside, even if the one bitten is the only one who know about it.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Leave that for sellers who like playing games. They are not serious sellers who actually want to move items.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

@bonddm_07 

Yes, I had

on Jan/14 2022 , i sold red agate stone for $900.

the agate had a natural picture of "Male Genital" on it.

that was most expensive item i ever sold on ebay.

Here is the item photo:

https://postimg.cc/LhXkKFt4

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

One needs be careful about giving advice.  As has happened to all of us, it can come back and bite the advisor on the backside, even if the one bitten is the only one who know about it.

Ah, yes … that darn karma !  😆

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aqeeqsouq wrote:

Here is the item photo:

https://postimg.cc/LhXkKFt4

HAHAHA. That's what I get for clicking on everything in sight.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@Anonymous 

😂🤣😂😂

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 22 of 26
latest reply

🤣

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

" . . . . pricing my obscure items at a price I would "LOVE" to get, waiting for watchers, then sending offers to the watchers for prices I would "LIKE" to get, which is usually still higher than what I would have listed them for in the first place."

Interesting strategy -- I think I will try . . . . .
Thanks for sharing.  

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Years ago, I had a book listed in which one potential buyer was interested, but he kept browbeating me on the price.  After far too many impertinent emails from him, I raised the price, hoping that he'd get the message, and leave me alone.  Somebody else finally snapped up the book at the new price, and didn't blink an eye.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

If figure that if the item is not something necessary to life and someone paid the price, it wasn't an exorbitant price.

-

Message 26 of 26
latest reply