cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

There is definitely a problem after last update. I don't understand why eBay is keeping it quiet. Before when I listed my items for 5 day auction I would at least get between 30-50 views on each. Now I'm getting 1 view in 5 days and obviously barely any sales. I didn't change anything in my listings. Very frustrating. 

Message 16 of 94
latest reply

You can search this Board for Low or No Sales to see all the threads.
Message 17 of 94
latest reply

Ebay needs to cut its losses and reverse course. Its obvious this new update is not working. They need to **bleep**can it and go back to before this last update. Otherwise there will be a huge impact. I wonder if any stockholders know about this? They would be selling this stock ASAP if they knew the truth.

Message 18 of 94
latest reply

do you have any idea what you are talking about??? I have sold consistantely 20 sales a day and 40 on sunday and now Im at 5 weekdays and 15 on Sundays. This is due to the June 1 search changes that has messed up everyone who was a big seller
Message 19 of 94
latest reply

OH YES. There is a serious problem. CALL THEM..THE MORE THAT DO THE MORE THEY WILL FIX. I have called them everyday. I have managers looking into and they are refreshing my store everyday which helps but I am no where near making my 20 sales a day and 40 to Process out on Sunday. Im now at 5-10 a day and sunday lucky if I 20. It declined starting in Aprilish and June was when it was drastic. Im a shell of a store now and wondering how I will pay my bills. I have been selling for 10 years, top rated and no account issues. 

Message 20 of 94
latest reply

My sales are down 34% from last month and 50% from July '17. Yes whatever ebay did recently has hurt my business sales.

Message 21 of 94
latest reply

@
 No warning either about what they are working on so we could prepare. 

I assume they are working on ADYEN.  Pretty soon they will mimic Amazon and collect all the money and make all the disbursements.   I still think that views and watchers are going away all together following Bidder search and scaled back Seller Search.   Whatever it takes to be like Amazon.  Heck Ebay also has a huge sale day planned like Amazon.  Not ever going back to the good ole early days (1997).

Message 22 of 94
latest reply

Thank you for this thread.  I've had my selling account since 1999 and have 700+ feedbacks.  I'm mostly a hobby seller and sell my own fashion related items.   My sales have gone off a cliff during the last 2-3 months.

Message 23 of 94
latest reply

Welcome to the eBay Throttling Club!

Message 24 of 94
latest reply

Sorry to hear you're all going through what I am, but relieved to know it's nothing I've done/created; I've been trying not to beat myself or scratch my scalp raw wondering what *I* did wrong for the past month.  Not much, apparently.....  sure hope things turn around soon for all of us!

Message 25 of 94
latest reply

I have definatley noticed a severe fall off in sales. First 5 months were very good and June 1 hits and my sales fell off 40%. The first week of July shows no signs of improvement. I do not know what has happened but something is definatley wrong. I have not changed anything that I am doing as far as number of listings or what I am listing, so I am unsure of what is happening. I hope if it is technical issues that 5 weeks in that something would/should have been corrected. My goodness if this is effecting other sellers then you would hope EBAY will fix the issues and at least go back to when it was working. View section has errors I can only imagine that this is part of the issue. Lets all hope for increased sales quickly.

Message 26 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

There is definitely something going on that is not being told to us as sellers. Ebay has made many new policy and site changes recently. Some I believe they do without our knowledge and that can have negative effects on our stores. I was fine until just 2 months ago. My store was selling just fine. Something happened very recently.

The slide for us started at the end of April, but it was June when it totally crashed. 8 days so far no sales. This hasn't happened in the seven years we've been selling.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 27 of 94
latest reply

Yes I have noticed it big time!!!!
Message 28 of 94
latest reply

No, my sales are fantastic. I'm doing REALLY well and selling a lot.

I feel like the people who are doing well do not post on the boards to say that they are doing well.

When people make these boards, I sometimes drop by to mention that I'm doing very well, and I've sometimes been met with snarky remarks, people being nasty, etc. 

Dozens upon dozens of boards about sellers doing poorly with an insane amount of replies talking about how bad sales are, etc. = okay.

But once you come into a thread and say that you're doing very well and are selling well, making lots of profit, etc. = you are gloating and get met with snarky comments. 

So to answer your title question: "Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?"

No. My sales are up. 

I almost want to make an entire thread dedicated to tips and tricks on how I keep my sales up, but I feel as though that would be met with nothing but cynical and snarky remarks, which often happens whenever I try to offer genuine and helpful advice.

Message 29 of 94
latest reply

I hate to say this, but I believe this is the new norm.  We once had a profitable Anchor Store.  And we were hoping to see some site improvements in June and July that might inspire us to rebuild that Anchor Store.  All I've seen is an ebay apology for site issues that continue to persist.  I'm thankful that I took advantage of their offer to downgrade my store without penalty.  I think the fact that they offered that 'get out of jail free' card to folks in yearly subscriptions spoke volumes with regard to what they saw coming in the way of an uproar from seasoned sellers.  What a shame.  

Message 30 of 94
latest reply