cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

My store and another long time Ebay seller are experiencing large sales drops in the last two months. I contacted Ebay but they say all is fine. I did get them to admit there is a system wide problem with sellers being able to view how many people have viewed theyre items. They offered no solutions or a fix time. I also noticed that over 75% of my listed items were unviewable for about 3 days because of some other system error that would not let buyers see my photos. This happened to the other seller as well. Anyone else have these issues?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Has anyone experienced a severe sales slump in the last two months?

We have been experiencing  a huge drop in sales lately. It's pretty sad when you normally have several orders a day to being  lucky if you get 1. I hope this gets fixed. With so many people having the same issue, I would think it would have been fixed by now. So many people depend on their incomes from their Ebay sales (us being one of them).  

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

@gingincorporated wrote:

Anyone else have these issues?

According to all the threads here seems no one is selling anything.   Some of the fault is ebay but ALOT of the fault is with the sellers in what they are listing for sale.

Look at the dollar value of the items you have listed (most of it is hundreds of dollars) then look at your solds and most of it is under 20 bucks.   

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

That's not true. I have purposefully listed items for 100s of dollars to 1.00 just like any other store. So its not because my 1000 items are too expensive. There are expensive items but also many items are very affordable and often rare and or cheaper then other sellers. My store was fine until 2 months ago. Then the huge sales plunge. Its something Ebay is not telling us. They have made many many changes lately that impact us and most seem to be negative.
Message 4 of 94
latest reply

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

@gingincorporated wrote:

Anyone else have these issues?

According to all the threads here seems no one is selling anything.   Some of the fault is ebay but ALOT of the fault is with the sellers in what they are listing for sale.

Look at the dollar value of the items you have listed (most of it is hundreds of dollars) then look at your solds and most of it is under 20 bucks.   

IMO Nope.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 5 of 94
latest reply

There is definitely something going on that is not being told to us as sellers. Ebay has made many new policy and site changes recently. Some I believe they do without our knowledge and that can have negative effects on our stores. I was fine until just 2 months ago. My store was selling just fine. Something happened very recently.

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

Everything was running/going as usual until this last update. If ebay is going to make peoples items invisible then they should tell/notify its sellers/users. I don't think its fair to allow people to list items if the items aren't being shown in search results. At least give us the common courtesy and warn us, after all we are paying customers too.

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

I absolutely have, its like someone shut down my store! I can't take much more of this. Every few weeks i'll have a burst of sales then zero for weeks!

Message 8 of 94
latest reply

My sales are down 90% since March...

Message 9 of 94
latest reply

I started a thread about this earlier today.  I had a milk bottle ending in 34 minutes and signed off of my selling account and onto my buying account and searched for it in the categories it was listed in under "BEST MATCH ENDING SOONEST" and it was not shown. the last 34 minutes at least if not longer it was nowhere to be found. Even in the "COMPLETED" listings it was not there after it ended. Turns my stomach, I have over a thousand listings running at all times, and the last 4 weeks have been the worst in 5 years of selling.

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

I completely agree. There was an update and it screwed up the whole site. Now they are keeping it quiet. Trying to blame sellers etc etc. Still take my money every month though.

Message 11 of 94
latest reply

Hey brother.  I am sorry hearing of your sales vacationing in the North Pole. Me?  Well, 2 CDs sale in 3 months isn't bad at all.  I am just happy whistling a happy tune every morning hoping my frozen sales will come back to life.  I am down to 3 pages of listings and I am worried if Santa Claus doesn't make his deliveries on time this Christmas,  these listings  will all be gone for good.

Message 12 of 94
latest reply

If you go into your store and see a dash where the # of "views" would be then you are affected in my opinion. I dont think people can see those items and Ebay is keeping it quiet. Another seller searched my items and saw no pictures or couldnt find the item. It may be constant or sporadic so its hard to gauge it.

Message 13 of 94
latest reply

Your burst of sales is probably coming from the Ebay promotions when they give away all their commissions or Ebay bucks to generate sales. They are making all Ebay buyer's a Pavlov Dog to wait for these promotions. Really stupid for generating revenues at a loss.
Message 14 of 94
latest reply

Yes, we have been experiencing these very same issues.  No views are showing,  but dedicated watchers both old before the problems and new watchers after they started can be seen.  Interestingly enough,  only a couple pages have views.  The rest have not and it's been a week. Buyers are seeing prompts about even clicking to pay that should take them to pay pal but they get a message that that website is insecure. If eBay won't allow contact between buyers & sellers then we're in alot of trouble because that's the only way we can figure out what's going wrong.  eBay is not being forthcoming on what's being affected and the cause and the impact.  No warning either about what they are working on so we could prepare. 

Message 15 of 94
latest reply