cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had my listing removed

I had a SKS rifle STOCK listed for sale, just a plastic stock, not a rifle, and Ebay removed it saying it violated community standards. Before listing my stock, i did a search to see if there were othere listed like mine and there was about 30 other listings selling the exact or very similar item. None of them have been removed, only mine.   Of course they offer no recourse for an appeal. 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Had my listing removed

@cs8161 

Don't relist it here.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sell A LOT of gun parts/accessories/firearms but not on ebay. It's not the place for that. Accept it.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

GB? I sell there too. I'm done with Ebays nonsense.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Can you tell me why there are 30 other listings for SKS stocks and a few hundred listings for SKS parts still active on Ebay?

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's very possible that one of your "competitors" reported you. It is not uncommon for that to happen. There are a number of reasons why yours was removed while others were not, happens all the time.

CS are not the best regarding full knowledge of the firearms policy, as written. Even if the policy allows the part, sometimes they remove it anyway.

This is my experience anyway, @kensgiftshop might have additional insight.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Hi Friend

Your listing had removed as you have violated eBay rules an got caught . Don't worry about others they also might get caught and get removed near future. Do not worry about it continue with other listing. 

Be Safe Good day!

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@cs8161 wrote:

Can you tell me why there are 30 other listings for SKS stocks and a few hundred listings for SKS parts still active on Ebay?

I don't know.

Your listing could have been reported and the others haven't been yet or they haven't got around to removing the others.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@bestproductstore-21 wrote:

Hi Friend

Your listing had removed as you have violated eBay rules an got caught . Don't worry about others they also might get caught and get removed near future. Do not worry about it continue with other listing. 

Be Safe Good day!

Coming from someone using a fake Pay Pal account to get around the Pay Pal restrictions.

Won't be long until you get caught and removed.

Have a great day.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@cs8161, was this  your listing? I can't tell if this was yours or not, but this listing has been removed now. I got the screenshot from a cached page dated yesterday, so it was still active then. The background looks like the pictures in some of your other listings.

If this was yours, then the problem may have been that this looks like a complete gun. I can't see any of the other pictures, just the main picture that was included on another listing's page. But when you're listing gun parts, you can't show a picture of a complete gun. Most of the pictures for other SKS stocks, you can easily  tell that it's just the stock, and not a complete gun. Also, if it's not a Ramline brand, then don't include the brand name in your title. That is keyword spamming, which is not allowed.

image.png

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@cs8161, was this  your listing? I can't tell if this was yours or not, but this listing has been removed now. I got the screenshot from a cached page dated yesterday, so it was still active then. The background looks like the pictures in some of your other listings.

If this was yours, then the problem may have been that this looks like a complete gun. I can't see any of the other pictures, just the main picture that was included on another listing's page. But when you're listing gun parts, you can't show a picture of a complete gun. Most of the pictures for other SKS stocks, you can easily  tell that it's just the stock, and not a complete gun. Also, if it's not a Ramline brand, then don't include the brand name in your title. That is keyword spamming, which is not allowed.

image.png

If that is what was selling, then the problem is not that it looks like a firearm. The problem is that all firearm parts must comply with CA law. eBay uses CA since they have the strictest gun laws.

In CA a folding stock with a pistol grip is a no no. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@Anonymous, I didn't know that, but I don't sell gun parts, so that's not a big surprise. I'm sure you're right.

eBay USA is headquartered in California, so they have to comply with California law, whether it's the strictest or not.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Have to agree on this one I do the same thing. Most of my sales are on local forum's dealing in cash and P2P exchanges. With the current environment regarding firearms I am surprise there is anything firearm related still on eBay. Give it time and it will all be gone/banned from eBay. They are infamous for avoiding anything controversial. 

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

It is definitely not a complete gun and the rest of the photos show that very clearly, I imagine some body with too much time on his or her hands, reported my listing even though its perfectly legal. What I hate about ebay is that they don't even give you a chance to clarify or explain before they yank your listing. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Coming from someone using a fake Pay Pal account to get around the Pay Pal restrictions.

Won't be long until you get caught and removed.

Have a great day!

What the heck are you talking about?? Fake paypal account???  My account is 100% legit.
Message 15 of 23
latest reply