cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with a non-payer!

An item I listed was noted as having been sold June 24. I sent an invoice. No contact. Then the same item suddenly had a date of having been paid on July 1! No funds, and no contact from the buyer. I also see that she had zero feedback, and then, a couple of days later, feedback of one. Was she possibly hacked, eBay will not let me cancel the order because they don’t have an option saying buyer hasn’t paid, even though instructions point to that… But there is no option for buyer hasn’t paid in the drop-down very confusing, as this was the only item in a large lot of similar items not to sell, and yet it is wasting so much time . Any thoughts? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: HELP with a non-payer!

You must wait 96 hours since you last sent an invoice before you can cancel for non payment.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Each time you send an invoice the sold date will change to the date you sent the invoice. Stop sending invoices and wait 96 hours to cancel for nonpayment. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Does your seller hub tell you that you need to ship it? If not, it hasn't been paid. Wait until 96 hours after the latest invoice and then cancel the sale.

Do you have your settings set up to cancel a sale automatically after 4 days? I cannot recommend this strongly enough - get that set up, and also get your settings set so that you're automatically blocking anyone with 2 non-paid items within the last 12 months. It helps so much. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I pretty much agree with @lovelycuratedcloset 

Set up automatic cancel after 4 days for non-paid.

Go to your block settings and make it set to 2 non-paid within 12 months.

Never send an invoice. Just let the transaction sit. EBAY WILL SEND REMINDERS.

The only time you do something with the transaction is if they pay, otherwise, it will be canceled by the system.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

This tells you all recent transactions, money in and money out, simply change dates as needed.

If it doesn't show payment for it, then it wasn't paid for.

Seller Hub | All transactions | eBay

krazzykats_0-1688500189168.png

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 6
latest reply