cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

Ebay is being flooded by china sellers, selling bareminerals, younique products, mac,dior,chanel etc. Where does eBay think these sellers in china are getting this from? I've emailed griff about it, he just tells me feedback doesn't mean that the products are fakes. etc.. etc.. The last 6 months chinese sellers have invaded the makeup market on eBay and legitimate sellers are being run out of town.  Just sad...

I just don't understand how eBay can allow shippers from china to list BRAND name makeup. Whaaat? 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

@thehealthyhomestead wrote:

@pinupsplus wrote:

@thehealthyhomestead wrote:
Hi Pinup,

What most people do not realize is that not only have most of these manufacturing jobs gone overseas...so has the equipment.

Back in 2000 I was approached to be part of a commercial liaison team that involved the implementation of massive shiploads of used factory equipment over to China, which by the way offered me $40 per hour minimum 40 hours per week with all expenses paid such as lodging/meals etc that I eventually turned down.

They were buying up the equipment from closed businesses for pennies on the dollar and having them shipped over to them there.

The challenge was that they needed folks from this country that knew how to set up and operate them to be part of a team to set them up there.

Where did all those commercial sewing machines go after the fabric and clothing industries closed? Many ended up in windrows in old rundown warehouses and the many of them ended up leaving the country.

Where did all the machining tool and die parts go when these factories closed here...

Where is the shoe & footwear machines...molds etc now.

Where is the leather made now and what about all the leather factories that our government put out of business that populated states like Massachusetts, New Hampshire, & Maine?

Folks, the businesses would have an extremely difficult time returning...why, first of all the Government has banned many of the supplies used in these industries...let alone much of the equipment is GONE.

We no longer get saw blades sharpened here because the blades made in China (which most of them are) are far cheaper than what we had made here 20 years ago and there are few machine tool places other than in the large urban areas. People argue this was for our benefit...no it isn't.

An American blade may cost $80 to $125 dollars but I COULD have it resharpened at least 10 times for about $10 to $12...Now I pay $40 to $55 for one made in China with just one use because there are so few folks that sharpen them now and those rates have skyrocketed because so few folks sharpen anymore.

So before we wish these jobs back...many of us know that the many of the jobs can not return even if we wanted them to be because much of the machine and supplier base for them is gone....and I mean gone.

Mr C

I have no doubt in the validity of your post.  The Chinese are very intelligent and resourceful people who plan things for the long haul.  I believe we CAN turn this around.  We didn't get OURSELVES into this problem over night and we aren't going to get OURSELVES out of it over night.  People want to be angry at China... Don't hate the players, hate the game.

Hi Pinup,

I just want to make sure readers understand that what you mention...having great value...is not what I was expressing.

No hate...no choosing to point a finger to a specific group...just experience and facts.

All the nationalism in the world and all the RAH RAH will not miraculously make machinery appear out of thin air.

The reason the jobs left is because the government wanted them to leave...there is no other answer.

Sometimes the simple answers bear far more truth than over thinking things.

So as long as our government has decided and dictated and imposed upon us here in the US that we are not to be a base manufacturing/producing nation but rather a consumer based nation we CAN NOT turn things around.

Mr C

Mr C, they were doing it in Australia as well. Would buy up whole factories and ship every last piece back to their homeland.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

@llllady wrote:

eBay cares about one thing and one thing only. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

... you forgot a few symbols, I've corrected it for you ... ¥¥¥¥

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

I tried to complain when a seller would not give me a list of ingredients. Ebay cares about god money.
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Im having this same problem. Ebay doesn't care. I have reported several fakers but it's useless. These China sellers are using pictures and words like Authentic. I'm having to lower my price because the "fakers"

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@trew404 wrote:
Ebay relies on the brand owner to identify fakes, and will remove them immediately upon request by the brand owner.

Just a thought...you might want to contact the brand name, then, and give them the listing numbers and the seller id.  They can and will contact Ebay and then the listings will be removed.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Unfortunately Wall Street decided to sell American business to the Chinese and act as middlemen.

And Wall Street runs the country no matter what side politically. They can strongarm companies to let it happen

Of course if you are Hollywood, you can use the FBI as your force to shut this kind of thing down, using tax money. The few are protected

It is a tragedy. Bewtween the Chinese and the monopolies being allowed to flourish, American business is getting ruined, especially small business. And that isnt Ebays fault.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Mr C...not to mention a lot of the expertise is also gone.
Message 37 of 42
latest reply

"AND, let me give you a great example of US buying China, then selling it as real. I had a gal who bought Silver Chains from me, mine were plated, of course, but she found she could buy them from China for less than a dollar and they were real 925 silver.  Now you and I know her selling them at flea markets as really sterling for 10-15 dollars is wrong, but she emailed me and tells me she sells out every week.  I told her they were not real silver, cut one at the end, since she has bought them so cheap and see for herself.  She said she doesnt even care.  She is making a killing, so if you are ever in South Florida at a flea market, expect everything to be fake.  Her whole family is now buying Michael Kors purse, nike shoes, all sorts of things from China and you just won't believe this but people believe them when they buy that pair of shoes for 40.00-60.00 and after three wearing, they fall apart, but guess who already has their money.  As long as there are Americans who continue to sell that Chinese **bleep** and they know it is fake, but say, I'm from the US, you know it has to be real and just don 't give a **bleep**, then China will always be in business"

I know this thread is old but....the San Jose Flea Markets (there are two big ones) were awash with bootleg DVD's...they finally had a swoop and arrest fest...that ended it. Maybe every area with this problem should do the same.
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

"It is a tragedy. Bewtween the Chinese and the monopolies being allowed to flourish, American business is getting ruined, especially small business. And that isnt Ebays fault."

I kinda wanna disagree...Walmart is not Chinese owned and is the deal maker in retail. I loathe then for their detestable business practices, but they are American. The Chinese really seem to be doing the taking over one small 'cut' at a time.

The thing that maybe we are all overlooking is that trade (and sales) shift historically all the time. The English were angry at the South's cheap cotton, we were mad about the tea. Tea came from China so once we got trade settled there all was better. Course there was a war or two.....

My point is that things change....and industry goes where it is the cheapest for the bottom line...no where in any history that I have found, with the exception of maybe Ben and Jerry's, does ANY employer/factory/industry care about anything but the dollars.
Message 39 of 42
latest reply

@pius558 wrote:

Ebay is being flooded by china sellers, selling bareminerals, younique products, mac,dior,chanel etc. Where does eBay think these sellers in china are getting this from? I've emailed griff about it, he just tells me feedback doesn't mean that the products are fakes. etc.. etc.. The last 6 months chinese sellers have invaded the makeup market on eBay and legitimate sellers are being run out of town.  Just sad...

I just don't understand how eBay can allow shippers from china to list BRAND name makeup. Whaaat? 

If it is counterfeit make up, the quality standards may not be up to par and there could be issues with using it, possibly.  

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Dead thread from 2016 - resurrected by a newer poster.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 42 of 42
latest reply