cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

Ebay is being flooded by china sellers, selling bareminerals, younique products, mac,dior,chanel etc. Where does eBay think these sellers in china are getting this from? I've emailed griff about it, he just tells me feedback doesn't mean that the products are fakes. etc.. etc.. The last 6 months chinese sellers have invaded the makeup market on eBay and legitimate sellers are being run out of town.  Just sad...

I just don't understand how eBay can allow shippers from china to list BRAND name makeup. Whaaat? 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

eBay cares about one thing and one thing only. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Re: Great News... China now flooding makeup market With Brand names.. eBay? Does nothing

Xin xau chen as described
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Afternoon Pius,

In reality...they may be using the Brand Name in their listing titles but doubt very much that the content is.

Mr C
Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Ebay relies on the brand owner to identify fakes, and will remove them immediately upon request by the brand owner.
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

I just searched to buy some brand name cologne. Most of the best priced items were from super high volume sellers with lots of negs/neuts for slow ship, weak or damaged product etc. Some had photos where you could see the reflection of the person/camera taking a pic-turns out that was used by several new/low fb sellers... Ended up buying from an individual that doesn't specialize in fragrances, got a good price and am confident it's the real deal.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

After the dog food and baby formula fiasco, anyone who trusts buying brand name cosmetics from Asia is just nuts.  I see advertisements all the time for law offices offering their services to sue manufacturers of talcum powder products for causing ovarian cancer.  Talcum powder is a very cheap and readily available product easily substituted for safer products.  Can you just imagine how much more dangerous fluffing that product all over your face would be?

Buyer beware!!!!!

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Welcome to my world, China started copying my items in 2009, killed a lot of my sales.  I no longer sell to China, but they just get someone with a warehouse in LA to buy and then ship it to them.  Always happens when I come out with some new items, they will sell great for 3-6 months, then I get a China order and they are flooding ebay within 3 months with the same thing, well not exactly the same thing.  Material is cheap, setting are flimsy and most of the time I get the customer back and she/he is going to my website instead to get free shipping.  Used to drive me crazy, but this year, I have seen such a rise in my webstore, that I am no longer complainting.  Let them sell those inferior items, the customers that buy them when there nose falls off because of the lead in the makeup, do we really want those customer anyway.  They will just complain that they can buy it somewhere else 20.00 cheaper than you and leave you not so great feedback.  The customer who really know there stuff will never buy from China, but I do agree, Ebay should be cleaning up this mess, instead of making it easier for them to copy every USA trademark there is.  Now if this is a USA seller, even if they are selling the real deal, they just cancel all their listing, but the Chinese, no they play under a completely different set of rules.  They sell everything they can steal from anyone and when your president of ebay gives them the items first hand they sold the best the previous year, like I said before, this place should be called chinabay

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

Asia has invaded the entire online world with counterfeit goods from diapers to makeup to toys, watches, shoes, electroinics, clothes, shampoo and everything in between. And it's not just on ebay. It is an International problem so large that I would say 40 to 50% of every single thing purchased on the Internet is fake. And no one seems to care. 

Until this massive problem is addressed at a Federal level, it will continue unabated.  As for ebay, Amazon and every other 3rd party host. They have no morals and couldn't care less as long as it lines their pockets. 

America is no longer a country. It's a business, a crooked one at that and China is at the front of the line.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Best feature on ebay -

The US only button.

If more people used it, the problem would take care of itself.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Best feature on ebay -

The US only button.

Not any more. The Chinese now lease space, usually in CA. Store their junk there and claim US residency. Some don't even bother to store their stuff there. They just claim they live in the US and ship directly from China. 

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I agree that does help a lot, although some may have a warehouse in the US and so claim to be located here

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

That no longer works. It gets brought in by the boat load, gets stored in a warehouse in the US, and sold as from the USA.

Or sellers in the USA bring it in and sell it under their ID from the USA.

There is no way to protecy yourself from fakes, knock offs, and counterfeits, especially on line.

Most people relize it, just refuse to believe if it is half price, they are getting a great deal and save a bunch of money. All they do is lie to themselves.

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Not any more. The Chinese now lease space, usually in CA. Store their junk there and claim US residency. Some don't even bother to store their stuff there. They just claim they live in the US and ship directly from China. 

No, it does not get rid of all of them, but it does make the number more managable.

I have the same problem in the fine jewelry category.  Sellers who are obviously not in the US.

I then add them to my seller blocked list.

No matter how you do it though - the real answer is:

Once you have determined the seller is obviously not in the US - just stop buying from them.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@banana-posts wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

Best feature on ebay -

The US only button.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are 4 huge sellers (all related) that sell some jewelry items that I occassionally buy from.  I know they are related because they all list the same sort of items all at the same time, their posting and store style and business practices are the same.  I believe they have two locations in PA and two in TX.  I really thought I was buying from the USA until I once got a package from China post

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 15 of 42
latest reply