cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got fleeced done with eBay

I recently sold an expensive espresso grinder on eBay.  Worked perfect, no issues once so ever.  The buyer had the most bogus reason ever for triggering a return request.   Of course the buyer did not respond to any of my requests for more details etc.   Eventually eBay issued a return label, fraudster, I mean buyer ships my $600 grinder back.  When I get it back it is DOA.  Upon further investigation it was clear the buyer harvested parts from the grinder so it will never work again.  

- I report to eBay and get told there is nothing they will do

- ebay refunds the buyer

- I just got my eBay invoice for the month and there is a $60 charge for commission on the item.   I call again and eBay refuses to back it out?

so not only is my $600 grinder a paper weight I lost $100 on shipping AND eBay is trying to charge me $60 commission?

i don’t know why anybody would EVER sell an expensive item EVER on eBay as sellers obviously don’t have ANY protection.   I am done, severed my paypal account and will close my eBay account as well.   eBay sucks,  their greed and garbage policies makes me wonder why anybody would use it to sell anything other than cheap Chinese goods.  

I am done and am now looking at how to deal with the buyer.  

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Got fleeced done with eBay

@olbooker wrote:
How can Ebay tell whether you are lying or the buyer is lying?

I'm not a seller here, but I've always thought that if eBay doesn't know, they shouldn't be involved in making those decisions... Period!

The unfortunate part of that is Ebay doesn't get involved even when there is CLEAR evidence that the buyer is not being forthcoming.  If it is against a seller, Ebay will get involved, but unfortunately for many of us when it has to do with a buyer they don't.

Please don't get me wrong.  The vast majority of buyers are good honest people.  I personally have very few issues with buyers.  But there have been enough times that I've dealt with a buyer by their own admission is doing something against the Ebay rules and yet Ebay will not help me as a seller.  The current way Ebay handles the return system is very much in need of an overhaul.  

@olbooker 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 61 of 66
latest reply

@olbooker wrote:
How can Ebay tell whether you are lying or the buyer is lying?

I'm not a seller here, but I've always thought that if eBay doesn't know, they shouldn't be involved in making those decisions... Period!

It's easy, the seller is always lying. A seller could have enough evidence and proof to convict someone of murder in a court of law, and the seller is still the liar.

Message 62 of 66
latest reply

I too just got screwed over by ebay after 16yrs. I sold an item, the buyer decided he didn't want it and opened up a case saying it was defective, and I know it worked, because I tried it when it came back and the buyer knew I tried and it worked. THEY REFUNDED HIM

I lost shipping both ways and fees, which they did not refund me. So I lost $12 on a $44 item. Those Indian Ebay guys do not care or understand what I explained to them. This guy was using the new product, decided he didnt want it and just said it was defective, HE LIED

Years ago I was screwed on the other side, I ordered an item, it was a stand that was damaged, and I HAD TO PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING. That was $60 and I paid for it out of pocket

Ebay honestly does not care. They hire these Indian guys that do not speak English very well and they do not understand what you are telling them. 

So I am officially wrapping up the last of the items I am waiting on and leaving EBay for good. I can get 98% of everything I get on EBay on Amazon now. 

I mostly bought from EBay, and I sold very little, but this puts a sour taste in your mouth

Message 63 of 66
latest reply

I just realized there is zero risk to buyers on ebay. None.

There is also zero transaction risk to ebay.

Sellers take all the risk and realize all the losses. Everything falls on the sellers. All of it.

Message 64 of 66
latest reply

ebay is rigged to make prtofit for ebay irrespective¬!

There is no comeback eBay know this because they are living in a twilight zone before COV 19 arrived on our doorstep any blatant criminal organizations antics show up like a sore thumb.

Good for you for exposing what we all experience, I sold a hallmarked gold ring for 99p

years ago, wonder who wotsname sold it for!!!

and recently eBay bought another 14ct amethyst ring for £ scrap value at least 160.00.

Thare is nothing anyone can do about entirely 'ordinary ' acceptable' take it or leave it eBay fraud ' except it ain't acceptable anymore, in today's lighthouse we help each other outright, ( That's always how it was and is in a new golden age of mutual trust. these clowns are out of step, with you and I ordinary people we all are  .

YOU may well get your deserved and proper refund eventually,. eBay are on roll at the minute but the wheels came off a while back,( i.e. coercion with banks, criminals etc) long ago.

Its a new world its anew day.

Love thy neighbour and protect them from  negatorianism .

B. lucky

Si

Message 65 of 66
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 66 of 66
latest reply