Getting paid to help: Be an eBay espert

An ebay measage I got:

any one with info on this??

limitless.jpg

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Getting paid to help: Be an eBay espert

Thanks for that. I read it and it is now very clear.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@donsdetour 

I looked at the Limitless program last year. Certain states (like California) were excluded from the program because of pending "gig" laws, which made taxation unclear. So I've been watching in the wings.

Last year, the UK company contracted with eBay to launch a pilot support program, which has been running for a year. The idea was that once the rough edges were smoothed out, the program would be opened to more member "Experts".  So far, the program is running in UK, US, and Australia, and the "Experts" can answer questions on any of the three sites. This should lead to around the clock coverage.  Each of the three sites has it's own chatroom on eBay where Experts can compare notes and work on issues.

The format of the program is that Experts work for Limitless (UK) on a gig basis and log into a Limitless portal or dashboard. Training is provided. So far, payouts have been through PayPal. This program replaces a segment of offshore eBay customer support with local support from sellers who are familiar with selling on eBay. Experts are expected to follow a specific chat format, providing a name (or alias) for the chat, an opening blurb, advice, and then a closing blurb.

Experts answer the questions they want to answer, and do so on whatever schedule they choose. There is no obligation to meet any time frame or number of hours. Payment is received for completed answers. Only one expert can claim a question from the queue, and can then answer without worrying about duplication of effort by others. After answering, the question goes back into the queue, where other Experts can clarify, if necessary, until the Seller marks it answered.

The Seller may mark an answer as complete, or, if left unmarked for some period of time, Experts are paid a another amount for reviewing answers and marking the best one as "answered". If there are multiple answers that are valid, the reviewers may divide the award between two or three Experts, and the payment will be split. Or, the reviewers may award the first answer, so that the me-too answers don't receive an unfair split.

The Limitless program targets selling activity, thus, a seller's ability to contact an Expert started with a bubble option on the Quick Listing tool, where new sellers are more likely to be found. 

Quick Lister (wide) - ask for peer helpQuick Lister (wide) - ask for peer help

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

@donsdetour 

I looked at the Limitless program last year. Certain states (like California) were excluded from the program because of pending "gig" laws, which made taxation unclear. So I've been watching in the wings.

Last year, the UK company contracted with eBay to launch a pilot support program, which has been running for a year. The idea was that once the rough edges were smoothed out, the program would be opened to more member "Experts".  So far, the program is running in UK, US, and Australia, and the "Experts" can answer questions on any of the three sites. This should lead to around the clock coverage.  Each of the three sites has it's own chatroom on eBay where Experts can compare notes and work on issues.

The format of the program is that Experts work for Limitless (UK) on a gig basis and log into a Limitless portal or dashboard. Training is provided. So far, payouts have been through PayPal. This program replaces a segment of offshore eBay customer support with local support from sellers who are familiar with selling on eBay. Experts are expected to follow a specific chat format, providing a name (or alias) for the chat, an opening blurb, advice, and then a closing blurb.

Experts answer the questions they want to answer, and do so on whatever schedule they choose. There is no obligation to meet any time frame or number of hours. Payment is received for completed answers. Only one expert can claim a question from the queue, and can then answer without worrying about duplication of effort by others. After answering, the question goes back into the queue, where other Experts can clarify, if necessary, until the Seller marks it answered.

The Seller may mark an answer as complete, or, if left unmarked for some period of time, Experts are paid a another amount for reviewing answers and marking the best one as "answered". If there are multiple answers that are valid, the reviewers may divide the award between two or three Experts, and the payment will be split. Or, the reviewers may award the first answer, so that the me-too answers don't receive an unfair split.

The Limitless program targets selling activity, thus, a seller's ability to contact an Expert started with a bubble option on the Quick Listing tool, where new sellers are more likely to be found. 

Quick Lister (wide) - ask for peer helpQuick Lister (wide) - ask for peer help

Thank you for the information..

Message 33 of 33
latest reply