cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to best offer

I had to relist 20 auctions this morning. Every one had been switched to best offer. I had to manually change each back to how I originally had listed them, without offers. This happens almost every week. How do I make this stop?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Forced to best offer

you can do this all at one time using bulk editing -  goes quickly

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Forced to best offer

These 3 have offer available.  Either you missed them when you did the switch back, or they switched again. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 2.08.12 PM.png

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

Don't end them, just revise and turn off best offer. And before you hit submit, make sure Allow Offers box is not checked.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

you can do this all at one time using bulk editing -  goes quickly

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

@az93 wrote:

Don't end them, just revise and turn off best offer. And before you hit submit, make sure Allow Offers box is not checked.

I'm guessing either they already do that before they submit, but the listings later change to allow offers spontaneously (which is not unheard of, in fact there have been tons of posts about it here) ... or .... they're so unaware of the box you're talking about that you would need to provide a screenshot to really help.  

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

There was no reason to relist them, just ignore any offers made.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

@kensgiftshop 

Unless it has also enabled auto options for that, in which case it could auto-accept some offers.

I use that feature on a few of my listings, where someone can make an offer and the listing is set to either auto deny or auto accept, depending on the offer.  I don't have to respond to any of it ever.

@galactic-plastic 

You can revise these in multiple ways.  This page you can get to by clicking on an individual listing under:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active

gator08041971_0-1714425178083.png

Or under the listing when clicking on either Manage Offers or Change offer settings:

gator08041971_1-1714425273114.png

Or using the bulk edit tool:

gator08041971_2-1714425458149.png

(click edit all)

Then click on the ones you want to change, then at the top under Bulk Edit:

gator08041971_4-1714425594699.png

Click on Offers.

gator08041971_3-1714425540177.png

Then you can apply, then submit changes.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

In the past, I have heard sellers can lesson the instances of the automatic self-listing Best Offer by using Seller Hub and the unified business listing tool instead of the quick listing tool in the app. It might be worth a try.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

Thank you! This is part of why its a problem. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

In the past, I have heard sellers can lesson the instances of the automatic self-listing Best Offer by using Seller Hub and the unified business listing tool instead of the quick listing tool in the app. It might be worth a try.

I was going to post the same thing, not 100% sure but there definitely was a time when using the quick listing tool resulted in several of these auto-enabled "features" being the default.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

I don’t want anyone to think i’m rude. I hate when people don’t respond to anything I send. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

So I guess I have to sit at a computer to relist all my unsold items. It would be nice if it just stayed the way it was intended, instead of making the decision without my asking. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

Did you relist the 20 auctions or sell similar?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

@galactic-plastic 

It has been my experience that the App tends to "dumb down" some things to simplify the use of the app.  While this is great for those that list a few things, it not very helpful for a seller with a lot to list and manage.

I highly recommend that you use a computer of some sort instead, as many features are easier to find and utilize via the website interface than the app interface.

While I also agree they should both work the same way and have the same features, they often can't due to how mobile devices (especially phones) are used.

In a nutshell, if you want to be able to have better control of your listings and their settings, don't use the App.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Forced to best offer

Relist. It is whenever items show up in the unsold section. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply