cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flowers and Bees

Why do you make us click bees and flowers? You are wasting my time. Every day, multiple times a day, you make me click this pointless crap.  I've clicked flowers and bees so many times I see them in my dreams. And no don't change it to something else. 

On top of that you post ads to me. I don't want to see your ads. I do not want to download your app. I do not want to add a passkey. Why do you do this? Every day all day long and multiple times a day you do this. Every hear the saying, "Stop wasting my time."?

1.JPG

Capture.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

vwnos_0-1714487659003.jpeg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Flowers and Bees

Uh, no one here is making you click on anything. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Why do you make us click bees and flowers? 

@vw.nos 

I find it rather annoying today.  It is especially bad when trying to view policy pages.  It is requiring it on every page viewed, and even halfway through typing in the SEARCH box to look up a subject matter.  If the bot doesn't believe we are humans anyway, perhaps they can ditch that step and just stick with the bees or flowers.  

On the brighter side, as a very old person with vision issues, at least the flowers and bees are BRIGHT yellow.  I really hate those ones with the traffic lights.  LOL. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

That’s interesting. I never see that. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

To be fair, eBay is.  In the case of the Captchas, it is not optional.  So yes, you must click on those to get to the pages you want.

The multiple captchas get VERY annoying.   However, I acknowledge that is my fault, since I use a VPN, and I'd guess the OP is too, which is why both of us get an insane amount of captchas.

The ads... are easy to ignore, so no biggie to me there.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I am not on VPN. I am on tmobiles home internet. Maybe they route it through some sort of VPN. 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Try the Birds & The Bees!!, Just Kidding

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

I haven't had to do that for awhile now.  But earlier in the year, I had the same thing.  Had to click on trucks or something like that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.   Yes it was annoying.   It seems like they take turns with us.  But so many thing are annoying throughout the day  (not just Ebay but in general)  that it didn't really bother me that much.   But I get it...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Uh, yes they are. That was OP's point. If there's a captcha on your screen, you can't advance without it.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@adamcartwright wrote:

Uh, yes they are. That was OP's point. If there's a captcha on your screen, you can't advance without it.

I think @soh.maryl may have been referring to anyone here on this forum, not at eBay itself, which does require the user to click on the captcha.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Probably because it is on the T-mobile network. That network tends to be abused by spammers who uses their IP pools for bot related activity. Not to mention they share their network with other small time mobile providers as well.

Never really had that issue with Verizon or ATT network. Wonder to if your browser has any blocking of tracking of any sort. Tends to trigger those captchas as well.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

The multiple captchas get VERY annoying.

I do not think most users are encountering that, though clearly some are.

Typically I only see such Captcha verification screens immediately after erasing my browser cookies and signing in to eBay once again.

Are you using a VPN or a hotspot? Privacy software like Ghostery or Disconnect?

Any of those can potentially cause verification issues.

If none of those things apply, your browser may be having issues saving or updating your eBay cookies. Blocking all cookies, blocking third party cookies, blocking scripts or using enhanced tracking protection might cause such issues. Try changing your settings or try another browser without those settings to see if you avoid Captcha issues that way.

If another browser works better, try manually erasing just your eBay cookies in the original browser once; that might help if the problem was with a blocked or corrupt cookie, but if you are having problems with multiple browsers or devices the issue may be with your particular settings or your network.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I get it all the time too.  I'm on my desktop and it happens daily, multiple times a day.  I do a lot of looking at feedback and listings while helping here on the community and it is quite annoying.  I clicked on my own feedback and got it too!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

The part that ticks me off is that it pops up when I'm going to do something like look at my own feedback!  Not when I'm going to a page where I could do damage!   

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

To be fair, eBay is.  In the case of the Captchas, it is not optional.  So yes, you must click on those to get to the pages you want.

The multiple captchas get VERY annoying.   However, I acknowledge that is my fault, since I use a VPN, and I'd guess the OP is too, which is why both of us get an insane amount of captchas.

The ads... are easy to ignore, so no biggie to me there.

I don't use a VPN and I have to click on the stupid things.

I'm signed in, why do I need to prove I'm a human every half hour?

Message 15 of 21
latest reply