cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Invoice on MP - Having difficulty getting this...

So I got an invoice via MP for my store. It shows two things:

Store fee Jun 22-30

Store fee Jul 1-31

First of all, when I got my May invoice, I paid for the store fee from June 1-30, so why am I paying a partial fee again.

Second of all, they have billed me ad promotion fees on a bunch of listings, and it's not showing on the bill. Don't say how great that is that I won't have to pay this, I already paid this. I paid my eBay bill to date before the switch, so I've already paid $100 in fees that aren't showing on any invoice.

I went to where the old invoices are, and there's no June invoice, so I'm not sure what they did with this money I gave them to pay for fees, but if I don't have a receipt the brick and mortar store isn't paying me back.

C.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@sin-n-dex   Not sure if this will help or not.  My account went active in MP on August 7th last year.  With PayPal I was on the End of month Billing Cycle so July AND the first week of August were still being invoiced through PayPal AND would be 2 separate invoices ... The July Invoice via PayPal was actually due on the 15th with the older cycle BUT MP's Fees were due on the 8th ... THEY missed that and could not process it quickly enough after making my account Active in MP the day before.  So what they tried to do was take money out of my PayPal account but I had gutted it prior to going in to MP ... plus I had a linked cc in PayPal that needed an updated 3 digit security number on the back ... yep, they tried that next to no avail. 

My issue with them doing all of that was the fact that in MP I had already set up my pack up payment method with a NEW credit card and my understanding at the time was that they would charge fees to that if necessary but they did not use that, which baffled me.  Anyway, I got in touch with them through the Private MP board (at the time) and we worked out how to get them paid.

So, the bottom line is during that transition period going from PayPal to MP,  the billing cycle differences and fees owed to eBay from the month PRIOR to MP things can be a little goofy ... it was definitely not seamless ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Oh great I bet this will happen to me to since I was initiated into MP about the same time you were. I read in the fine print they still bill the old invoice for a while that has to be paid along with the MP invoice. Is the MP invoice store subscription only? I used to get my invoice on the 17th so I am expecting I may still get one with promoted listing fees attached. But hopefully the main MP one that has all been deducted. And hopefully the main MP invoice is store sub only?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

Oh great I bet this will happen to me to since I was initiated into MP about the same time you were. I read in the fine print they still bill the old invoice for a while that has to be paid along with the MP invoice. Is the MP invoice store subscription only? I used to get my invoice on the 17th so I am expecting I may still get one with promoted listing fees attached. But hopefully the main MP one that has all been deducted. And hopefully the main MP invoice is store sub only?

I have news. I found the email link that said my May invoice was ready to view and followed it, and low and behold, a June invoice came up.

The June invoice in this section was a negative buy a couple of dollars, so they aren't trying to bill me. I believe I paid them the day before MP went active just to avoid this kind of drama, but I need to know how much the ad fees are and how much I paid in listing fees up until the MP switch. The store covers these, but without a number and a bill from eBay, I'm stuck. (We calculate the FVF as a line item for each sale, because my stamps are personal, we can't just take that from the invoice). For listing fees the B&M store and I split by percentage based on how many listings are in the store for me (which is 20% right now). With ad fees I have to look at the invoice and add theirs up.

So what it looks like is you'll get a regular invoice up until the date of the switch (which I think gets billed to your payment method, although that never happened to me because I paid it weekly), and then the MP invoice which will have your store fee for the rest of the month plus the next month (they always bill the month before). You should have any listing fees with the high allotment you get with MP and the ad fees, FVF fees, etc are all taken off the sale before your payment is processed.

While this is becoming a royal pain in the rear to do bookkeeping for this MP set up, it has allowed me to more accurately do my accounting for the B&M store making sure I note the exact fees instead of letting the spreadsheet calculate it as a percentage (which was easier than trying to read the entire invoice). And with shipping coming from Paypal (via Visa), I now see my shipping amounts in Canadian funds.

But it's still turning out to be a lot more work. Where I printed a sales record from Paypal one time for each sale, I now have to do it twice in the hub because I need the record with the shipping address info, and a record with all the fees. At least the currency exchange is the same all day, so if I have many sales from one day, I don't need to look up the exchange on the fees record each time.

C.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The ad fees are itemized under each individual transaction breakdown per sale.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Before I switched to MP I had paid the invoices daily and paid right up to the day before the switch. So hopefully no nasty bill surprises. From what you say I should not get a regular invoice up till the date of the switch since I paid already.  Then the MP invoice should just have my store fee for a month plus maybe a half month store fee added to that. I hope that is the case as MP seems to be taking enough fees to be taking all the fees. The sad thing about MP is the weekends the money is tied up in processing or available funds. So about $1000 sitting there in available balance this week which I hope gets paid out tomorrow. I set my payout to daily. During the weekdays that works well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply