cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire requested a cancellation Why was I charged $10 when it wasn’t even shipped yet?

I don’t understand why eBay took close to $10 out of my bank account when a buyer wanted to cancel an item and I honored it because I didn’t even ship the item out yet and she wanted to cancel the item because she didn’t notice that it was defected. So after she paid for it, she messaged me asking if she could cancel The item because she did not notice  that I had posted the defect. So why did eBay take $10 out of my bank account and she got a refund of close to $20. I’m really confused about this. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Fire requested a cancellation Why was I charged $10 when it wasn’t even shipped yet?

I didn’t means FIRE I  meant BUYER 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️ stupid auto correct 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you don't have the avaliable funds, you have to cover the refund from your funding source.

Ebay will refund their fee's and the buyers payment will be sent to you when it clears.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They didn't. Both you and the buyer are made whole when the order is cancelled. You get no $ and the buyer pays no $.  You need to learn how to read and understand the transaction. I seem this question come up from time to time. It's just the way the accounting is done.     

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

When you cancel a transaction and issue a refund, the money is withdrawn from your "Available Funds", if the available funds are not sufficient to cover the full refund, they withdraw the rest from your funding source.

The payment you received from buyer is still pending and will post to your account once cleared.

eBay can't deduct from pending payments.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply