cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

Hi I'm new to selling and once I sell a item and buyer pays I leave feedback right away. I also mail out item the same day, I wash and iron the clothing item and then wrap in tissue paper then double bag it. I also add a little thank you note inside. All of these tricks were suggested by you great folks from these boards.  But my problem is I don't get very many feedbacks.

Some folks I see on here suggest emailing the person and seeing if the item was received and they are happy with it others say don't email them its rude.  So what do you all suggest? Just take what I get and leave the rest alone or email my buyers. Please no nasty responses please I'm just truly asking what is the proper thing to do or if we are to do nothing that's cool too. I only have 125 feedbacks and we need everyone we can get. 

One person wrote somewhere on these boards " I'm not here to collect feedbacks,I'm here to sell items and make money ". Thank you so much in advance for your kindness    

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Feedback

148 left and 127 received. That's a high percentage regarding feedback. Just keep on selling and don't worry about feedback. It will come in time. Good Luck

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

Never, never ask for feedback.  At some point, you will run into the buyer who is offended and will neg you for asking, no matter how politely you do it. 

I've been here for a long time, feedback is not that important to me.  I do not leave feedback for my buyers unless they leave it for me.  But your approach is just fine, I'm not suggesting you change that. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

I agree with others and would never email a buyer it may backfire.
Just do what your doing, write great descriptions, package well, ship fast and you'll do fine.

Good luck

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

Thank you for that.  And yes I do leave feedback after every single payment is sent because after all the buyer did their part. They paid lol. Since I'm new I just wanted to know how important it is to have that "FEEDBACK " everyone is always talking about on YouTube. Lol

thanks again!! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

@reselling-pros wrote:

Thank you for that.  And yes I do leave feedback after every single payment is sent because after all the buyer did their part. They paid lol. Since I'm new I just wanted to know how important it is to have that "FEEDBACK " everyone is always talking about on YouTube. Lol

thanks again!! 

Feedback runs about 30% transactions to feedback and that number is getting lower all the time.  I understand the desire to get higher feedback numbers and it can be helpful but it is not as important to buyers any longer because eBay now has the money back guarantee which takes a lot of worry out of the transaction for the buyer.

IMO what is more important than a  high feedback number is how you repond to less than positive feedback, or the general direction of the feedback messages.  That tells me a whole lot more about how the seller is performing right now versus a high feedback number that might be from buying or accumulated a long time ago.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

@reselling-pros wrote:
I only have 125 feedbacks and we need everyone we can get. 

It's very clear you want them, but can you explain exactly why you need them?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Feedback

Feedback used to be a part of the metrics Ebay uses to evaluate a seller but it isn't any more. They base any important measures on the number of transactions.

So all feedback does is tell buyers how you conduct business. Having X number of good feedback is pretty much the same as having X+1.

The only time more feedback is really important is when you get a non-positive. Negatives drive down your percentage. It's really how you respond to bad feedback that makes the difference with buyers.

Keep up the good work!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply