cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback removal system

I requested a feedback removal through ebay's automated system 5 days ago and haven't heard anything back from them. Usually I get a message or email saying the request was approved or denied within a day or two. I didn't get any notice and wondered what the hold up was.

I just went to check the status and it says the feedback was not removed. In the details it says "Due to a technical issue, we were unable to complete your request. Please contact Customer Service for additional help."

I rarely file these removal requests, and even more rarely get them denied. So I can't recall, does ebay actually tell you in the details specifically why the feedback was not eligible for removal, or do they just send this generic blanket explanation that it wasn't able to be removed? Was it an actual technical issue like a bug or glitch, or is there an actual reason with policy that caused the feedback to remain that ebay doesn't want to disclose?

Those of you who had your requests denied, is the verbiage anything like the one I just got?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Feedback removal system

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

I've used the seller help hub portal numerous times.

eBay used to send emails when the request was handled (approved or denied). They haven't sent those emails in well over a year.

@wastingtime101  TY.  THat explains it.  All of mine were in the last year.   But I also rarely check My messages for Ebay msgs, so if they don't send an email, I wouldn't even look.  Honestly, most of mine have been removed in 10 minutes or less. 

Lol. So I accidentally clicked wastingtimes post as the solution. I don’t know how to undo it so here you go I guess, haha.

Anyway, I was going to say that I agree that his post explains the notifications or lack of with eBay. I made the mistake in believing eBay’s procedures is always constant, when in fact we can’t rely on anything for them being constant. I mean I’ve made tons of different filters to block out their “congrats you sold an item” email. eBay has changed the verbiage of that email at least a dozen times so far. I’m beginning to think it’s so they can circumvent my filter and into my inbox.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

So I accidentally clicked wastingtimes post as the solution. I don’t know how to undo it so here you go I guess, haha.

Top right corner of that post, click the arrow icon for menu options including changing the solution.

When I used to get emails about FB removal requested through seller help (in 2020-2021), the subject line was always: Your question about feedback removal

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

I’ve made tons of different filters to block out their “congrats you sold an item” email. eBay has changed the verbiage of that email at least a dozen times so far. I’m beginning to think it’s so they can circumvent my filter and into my inbox.

Go to this page: https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

Under Selling Activity de-select "Item Sold" and save changes.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

I’ve made tons of different filters to block out their “congrats you sold an item” email. eBay has changed the verbiage of that email at least a dozen times so far. I’m beginning to think it’s so they can circumvent my filter and into my inbox.

Go to this page: https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

Under Selling Activity de-select "Item Sold" and save changes.

Thanks. But I still rather get those emails for records purposes and for reference when need to look things up. I never read them when they come in. I use the filters to immediately throw them in a specific folder and not clutter my inbox. 

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@iamalwaysright 

I hope you remember this situation. If you’re not sure then please see your initial post at the top. I’m in this exact situation right now as the feedback appeal status says technical error, contact customer support. Anyway Could you let me know if this negative feedback was ever removed and if so what did you do/who did you contact to get it removed ? I would really appreciate your help

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Did this ever get resolved for you? Having the same issue.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

@sports_yugioh_and_pokemon_cards did this get resolved for you? Having the same issue and ebay customer service is useless.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

I believe it took a little while to figure it out. Nobody on here ever got back to me but eventually I found out about the ebay for business facebook page. I believe I messaged them on facebook messenger and went through the process with them and they were able to help me get it removed since I was in the right. Anyway, I hope that might work for you as well. could you let me know if this helps? thanks 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

You can contact Ebay (go to the chatbot, and type agent) and tell them the error and they will escalate to the "Defect Team"

If they tell you to contact the buyer, remind them their own message tells you to contact customer service, and ask them if they are customer service.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

Delete. Didn’t realize this was an old thread.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

The original message  here is from 03/23/23.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply