cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback extortion is still going strong on this platform.

The last time I asked for bad feedback to be removed here, the buyer had posted the fraudulent credit card number and expiration date they used to make the purchase IN THE FEEDBACK, and it took eBay months to remove it.  Months and multiple requests through official and unofficial channels.

This time it’s OBVIOUS feedback extortion.  Apparently obvious feedback extortion doesn’t qualify for removal either.

I know can’t imagine the amount of feedback extortion that is permitted on this platform by the secret “feedback team”, but like the board and executives behind fossilized feedback policy, why bother to.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What are you referring to as "feedback extortion"? 

If you are receiving messages threatening negative feedback by a seller...you can relax.. sellers can't give you negative feedback. If it's a buyer threatening negative feedback if you don't do xyz that is extortion. You can report those messages by clicking the Actions dropdown menu within the message. 
Otherwise, if eBay deems a feedback doesn't qualify for removal they won't remove it. It is the  buyer/ sellers opinion of how the transaction went. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@trickscrews wrote:

This time it’s OBVIOUS feedback extortion.  

Plenty of sellers have posted here claiming obvious feedback that does not agree with eBay's definition.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

People should stop obsessing about feedback. It's an outdated metric and should be removed. 

I mean, if this guy is still in business, what's the point?

heckofagame_0-1708464455483.jpeg

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Don't see that you've received any negative feedback, so don't understand your message????

Message 5 of 5
latest reply