cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Suggestion

I would like to suggest that eBay make an option for sellers to block buyers who leave a large number of negative feedbacks in a year. Since eBay doesn't seem to remove these buyers, it would be an option for sellers not to deal with them. I try to check for feedback left prior to accepting an offer, but some people pay full price & just arrive upon your doorstep. I would like to be able to have the option to block buyers who leaves more that 3 negative feedback within a year - whether they are right or wrong. I just don't want to be bothered with this. 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Feedback Suggestion

@valeries_trunk wrote:

I would like to suggest that eBay make an option for sellers to block buyers who leave a large number of negative feedbacks in a year. Since eBay doesn't seem to remove these buyers, it would be an option for sellers not to deal with them. I try to check for feedback left prior to accepting an offer, but some people pay full price & just arrive upon your doorstep. I would like to be able to have the option to block buyers who leaves more that 3 negative feedback within a year - whether they are right or wrong. I just don't want to be bothered with this. 

3 is not a "large" number - especially if they are an active buyer.

Right or wrong? Well, if the feedback was "right" because the seller screwed up, and on the assumption that you will do your job properly, then why would valid feedback bother you?

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

Before you do that, read the feedback.

Often the buyer is right. Shocking but true.

And ratios.

Three negative feedback from a member with 100 transactions is a lot, but three feedback out of 1000 transactions is an active buyer with bad luck.

Again, look at the feedback of the seller your buyer complains about. Buyers cannot receive negative feedback , but sellers can and again, sometimes the buyer should have done more research.

I agree that feedback is a relic of the 20th century internet.

I'd like to see it replaced with a running total of the number of transactions a member has had adjusted for the number of claims, disputes and cancellations on those transactions, win or lose.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

To the best of my knowledge, any seller can block any buyer for any reason, or for no reason at all.

Or are you talking about blocking a buyer AFTER a purchase has been made?  

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

I think they mean blocking through seller preferences, just as we can now block people with too many unpaid item strikes from buying or bidding on our items.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

The problem with feedback is that it is optional and some buyers do not leave feedback for all transactions. 

If a buyer left 20 negatives for 50 transactions, that would probably be an issue. But  a buyer left 20 negatives for 5,000 transactions, that would probably not be an issue.

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

I agree.  A seller should be able to set a block based on neg feedback left.  
Such as "block buyers that have left 20% or more neg feedback in the last year".
  My worst issues have come from those buyers...although usually it's over to 50%.
If a person is upset enough to leave 20 negatives in their last 30 eBay purchases? They shouldn't even be  here.  

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

@redlinear wrote:

I agree.  A seller should be able to set a block based on neg feedback left.  
Such as "block buyers that have left 20% or more neg feedback in the last year".
  My worst issues have come from those buyers...although usually it's over to 50%.
If a person is upset enough to leave 20 negatives in their last 30 eBay purchases? They shouldn't even be  here.  

We all know that not all buyers leave feedback. What about an active buyer who has hundreds of successful transactions and chooses not to bother leaving feedback for those. BUT on those very few where it went wrong he feels compelled to leave a negative comment. Now 100% of his feedback is negative and you would block him. But, again, if you do your job properly, you are blocking an otherwise  active and satisfied customer.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

Gee!

I remember having a Buyitnow of an expensive diamond ring and after purchasing my ring I looked up his feedback left & was shocked!  He left such awful putrid vile comments I knew I’d get the same thing.  He kept buying diamond rings but was never satisfied ever.

Nothing to do but go through with the purchase as best as I could trying not to set him off.

As usual he immediately emailed me his displeasure & I made it as easy a performance to him to return the ring 💍 no questions asked as helpful as I could be refunding his money once the ring arrived back.

For whatever reason he didn’t leave me any feedback but his percentage of really very bad mean awful feedback left vrs. All purchases was so high and it’s not that he left bad feedback he left the worse feedback imaginable what was said.

I dodged a bullet. 
Why does eBay let him do that injustice to so many sellers?

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

If eBay read FB with any regularity, or at all, maybe they would think this poor  buyer has had a lot of bad experiences with sellers? 

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

His feedback left could make your skin crawl as he emphasized very negative unusual 

terrible vile things of each purchase he made.  He had an entire page of awful putrid reviews for the diamond rings he continued to purchase one after another very bad.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

If this were implemented buyers would just stop leaving feedback at all.  

Feedback by buyers for a seller is important to other buyers. Why would you not want to see legitimate feedback about a bad seller, or a seller that is difficult to deal with? 

I see stuff in FB groups all the time saying "ZOMG look at how many negs this buyer leaves".  But when you dig a bit deeper you see they are legitimate negs for terrible sellers, and at the same time the buyer has thousands of transactions in the last year. 

Leaving negative feedback is not a crime.  

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

Feedback IS

important. But as a Seller with over 23,000 FB, I am tired of the occasional buyer who pops into my store. Their FB is unknown to me, yet when they buy & I look at the FB, I cringe when I see a large # of negatives. I am stating that I want to be protected against habitual buyers who negative FB on a regular basis. I have 100% positive, but I don't like the trend I am seeing.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

Don't understand your question.  A seller is free to block ANY buyer at any time for any reason.  Maybe I don't like the FB you've left for other sellers.  I can block.  The problem is that this can only happen if you are not currently in a transaction with that particular buyer.  Has to happen before buyer purchases.  

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Feedback Suggestion

@jewelbiz wrote:

Gee!

I remember having a Buyitnow of an expensive diamond ring and after purchasing my ring I looked up his feedback left & was shocked!  He left such awful putrid vile comments I knew I’d get the same thing.  He kept buying diamond rings but was never satisfied ever.

Although that buyer couldn't have been stopped prior to his first BIN purchase from you, what I would have done after seeing the feedback left would have been to follow through on the first purchase/sale but blocked any future purchases by him. 

That you let him "keep buying diamond rings" even though he was never satisfied is on you. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 15 of 30
latest reply