cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Removal

I know this has been covered, but if someone can just verify for me.

On a separate seller account I have received a negative feedback directly related to the eBay completely unrealistic estimated delivery dates.

I am super frustrated, as it is a new account, so relatively little feedback so the red donut kills my percentage, and it would take a phenomenal year to really fix it, which is not going to happen with the current number.

I have contacted the buyer and asked if they would consider revising it based on it being eBay's and the post office, not me as a seller.

I seem to remember that if I respond to the feedback, that eBay is no longer able to remove it (and I think I've got a reasonable argument for removal). Is that true? I hate to leave it with no response from me at all.

TIA!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Feedback Removal

Responding to it will not change anything.

eBay could still remove it and/or a buyer can still revise it.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Even if you respond to the feedback, ebay can still remove it. 

Ebay says they are giving sellers "extra time" because of shipping delays. What that means EXACTLY i don't know. 

Do you have proof that it was SENT on time?  If so i'm pretty sure ebay wil remove the negative.

Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thanks -

The tracking on eBay itself shows that it was scanned by the PO less than 24 hours after payment.

It's super frustrating because it is a very new account and that one feedback has killed my percentage.

I have submitted the removal request

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

For anyone with the same issue in the future -

The feedback was removed by eBay almost immediately upon request. For once it seems that they actually were looking out for a seller.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Good for you!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Responding to it doesn't change your chances of getting it removed, but since you don't know if it can get removed yet.  Concentrate of getting it removed.

You didn't tell us what the FB said.  Depending on what they actually said will determine if you can just contact Ebay tomorrow and ask them to remove it.  Would you mind sharing with us what it said?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@glgenterprise wrote:

For anyone with the same issue in the future -

The feedback was removed by eBay almost immediately upon request. For once it seems that they actually were looking out for a seller.

Excellent.  There is an announcement on the announcement board that tell us the seller protections during the pandemic.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Contact the eBay service team again.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply