cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Left for Others, ("Buyers that leave way too many Negatives")

Recently I sold an item and as customary I inspect a Buyers "Feedback Left for Others", upon opening the buyers feedback for others, my first thought was this guy is Color Blind, NO, just kidding, I opened to 200, and counted 149 Negatives of Others, but still if he was Color Blind, his Feedback for Others was still Unsatisfactory, in my opinion. So my next thought was "How do I dodge this Bullet ", well I sale Airguns too, and in the past I have had to Cancel orders due to an Address that I don't ship too, So after thinking about it for a while, I did something I've never done before, I canceled his order due to Unsatisfactory Feedback, "Choose Issue with Buyers Address" Refunded his money, Put him On my BLOCK LIST, and made no attempt to contact him, of course eBays' stance on this is Give the Poor Little Scammer a chance, My stance is NIP these Guys at the Bud. After 7 days he gave me a Surprise Negative, you can read his Tear Jerking Saga of how I left him Hanging, also can you feel all the Remorse I'm Feeling, LOL, well eBay would not remove the feedback, and yes they ready did say I should have given him a Chance, well I gave a reply to his Negative along with his Username, so if you're a seller or a buyer who thanks he may sell something in the Future, check out my feedback received  as a Seller this guy is one of the best candidates I'm ever seen for the BLOCK LIST.  

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Feedback Left for Others, ("Buyers that leave way too many Negatives")

@rugerskick wrote:

The OP is not assuming he can please everyone.

Not everyone wants to voluntarily deal with problem buyers, or problem buyers that are also scammers.  Some sellers want to do what they can to minimize dealing with these kinds of people and the order issues and account/feedback issues they bring because eBay doesn't do anything to  help sellers in this regard.  (Sellers do work hard to have a good feedback rating because it is looked at by buyers.)  In this case Ebay has left a problem buyer who has left 149 negs out of the last 200 feedbacks, nothing has been done to an obvious problem buyer.

And for those saying its who he's buying from, well, apparently he also then hasn't learned to STOP buying from such sellers, it's clear he likes to keep doing so and leaving negatives.

Perhaps a new approach could be a meter under a buyer's FB that indicates their ratio of neg to pos FB could be as simple as a two number system one being red and one being green.  EXAMPLE -150/50

This would at least tell a person reading the FB that the buyer who left the negative is a serial negative leaver. 

This could only display on the FB page so it's not a number that follows the buyer everywhere or maybe it displays on FB page and in messages only?

Message 76 of 89
latest reply

Question i have to everyone that would answer it.

If you were the Seller and sold an item for $1000 or more, would you complete the transaction IF you were aware of all of the feedback that this person left? I am not asking if you would of handled the cancellation any differently, but if you would send your $1000 plus item to this Buyer?

Everyone has their own way to handle their business and to balance the risk vs reward of each listing.

Message 77 of 89
latest reply

The hero we deserve, thanks lol

Message 78 of 89
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

… I reported the buyer, both IDs and the fact that the second ID circumvented the block….

@albertabrightalberta 

I am going through this right now.

How were you able to report your buyer for circumventing your BBL?

I looked when trying to report mine and found no option to report for anything remotely feedback related.

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 79 of 89
latest reply

Back in the day when I could, call eBay and talk to a real person, it was easy to make my case, eBay wants to use A.I. that would be great if the A.I. had access to everything, the company rules, messaging, item description, but if you tell A.I. that the Buyer is always right, then this is what you get, a programmed response, That's not A.I.     

Message 80 of 89
latest reply

It's not a waste of time, we're trying to show other sellers, ways to avoid being a victim, and to shame the wrong doers. 

Message 81 of 89
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

Question i have to everyone that would answer it.

If you were the Seller and sold an item for $1000 or more, would you complete the transaction IF you were aware of all of the feedback that this person left? I am not asking if you would of handled the cancellation any differently, but if you would send your $1000 plus item to this Buyer?

Everyone has their own way to handle their business and to balance the risk vs reward of each listing.

@chevymontecarlo88 

No. No way. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

but item was not out of stock or damaged...there is no category for too many negatives given...

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

WELL, seems like this is another Post heading for the X-Files, I want to Thanks You ALL, I learned a Lot, my mission was to try to give some good advice that might make people feel at ease about selling and buying on eBay, so in parting I'd like to share with you a flyer that I use to include with all my shipments, and worked quite well for me, this was during the time when you could actually get  Dinged for Free Shipping, WOW, imagine that, doesn't seems possible, but after all this is eBay and,  ALL things are Possible, ------------------------

eBay DSR 5 Star Feedback - Why It's Important

Have you seen those little stars in the feedback forum? They are eBay's new plan to weed out the con artists and unscrupulous sellers.  It may or may not work, but your positive and 5 STAR feedback will help the good guys win out!

eBay started out as a community of regular people who had items to sell and needed an outlet for them. There were cool vintage toys, collectibles and other hard to find goodies.  Somewhere along the way, things got messy.

We, the small store owners, need your help! Here's what you can do...

If you are happy with your purchase, leave 5 STARS in each category!

Only FIVE STARS will help the good guys stay on top.  Anything less will lower the percentage rating and allow the con artists to gain momentum.  If there is a problem with your order, contact the seller.  They will get back to you as soon as possible to work things out.  And believe me, all good sellers will do whatever they can to make you happy.  They want you to come back and buy from them again!

Those little stars are very important to the small store owners.

A 5 STAR rating means that our items will be seen.  If you leave 4 stars that is not good enough for eBay.  Sounds good to everybody else, but eBay wants perfection (even though there's no such thing). Some important points to remember...

·        Most sellers are just regular people trying to earn some extra money.  eBay is very important to them, as well as your 5 STAR rating.

·        Shipping is expensive, so keep that in mind when ordering.  You need to consider the weight of the box and packing materials as well.  People who offer unusually low shipping are losing money! Don't blame the seller for normal shipping and handling charges.

·        Transit time is NOT the fault of the seller. The post office can get swamped and occasionally lose a package.  Please don't take it out on the nice person who sold you the item.

The ONLY time you should leave negative feedback is when a seller purposely rips you off!  It is up to you to warn other buyers about the practices of some not so nice sellers.

Final words of wisdom... ALWAYS check a seller's feedback before you buy anything! If they have a couple negatives, check them out.  Some sellers leave replies to explain what happened.  Many times it's an unscrupulous buyer leaving unwarranted negative feedback.

Thanks for reading!  Happy bidding!

Message 84 of 89
latest reply

How does someone on ebay, "sell negative feedback removals to sellers"?

Message 85 of 89
latest reply

Thanks for the info. I added them to my bbl just to be on the safe side. 

Message 86 of 89
latest reply

The guy that was a repeat buyer was good, That was actually a Blunder on my part, Mistaken identity, However as Stated in everyone of my Airgun listings "Adult Signature Required" And that is with No Exceptions.

Message 87 of 89
latest reply

I don't know how you are all seeing the buyer's feedback left for others???

Message 88 of 89
latest reply

@maccnc11 I love that you NIPPED IT, and I appreciate the heads up.

Message 89 of 89
latest reply