cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Tracking number and Paypal decides in sellers favor??? WTH

So I ordered a Porter Cable from a person (thief) on Ebay. They send a tracking number. Then I get a message that it was delivered but wasn't! I immediately called UPS and they ask for my info and the sellers info. They said PKG went to someone else and that this person is always doing it! I contacted seller and no replies! I got a case going on PAYPAL. I thought its ok they will give me my $$ back. Heck NO!!! Paypal decides in sellers favor! The seller had proof the "PKG" was delivered by the zip code. I told them what UPS said but no good.  Then they have nerve enough to ask me what I think of the tool!!! I called PAYPAL and raised hell!!!! The total price was $101.86 Finally the lady gave me a VOUCHER for $100! I thought better than nothing. I used it immediately ordered something and it's supposed to be here 5/10. However this will be the last time I use either EBAY or PAYPAL for anything. Both companies are complete scammers! Never had I had problems with either until now!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: False Tracking number and Paypal decides in sellers favor??? WTH

You'd need to actually show them proof that the package was delivered elsewhere to win the case.  Just telling them something happened won't mean much.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

So sorry that happened to you....never heard of SELLERS scamming customers in that way.    Usually SCAMMER purchases item and claim they returned item to SELLER (using phony tracking# which show item delivered to your zip code).    This is a new scam...somehow they are able to generate tracking# that show delivered.    

I hope you reported this person to the EBAY fraud department.   Scammers like this give EBAY a bad name.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have wondered about this scam, as I believe it may have happened to me.  The only way I can see this working is that they sent out a letter or some small item to someone in your zip code.  As long as it had tracking, it would say delivered.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply