cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etsy to EBay transfer

Best way to transfer Etsy listings to eBay?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Etsy to EBay transfer

@buyitfromdave 

If it were me, one by one.  You may want to save your pictures thru "my pictures" on your laptop or phone.  Cut and paste the description from you Etsy listing to your Ebay listing.  That's the only way I can think of.  I'm sure there are more here on this forum who may know another way to transfer and re list. 

Have fun and Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I agree with ckimodog. I don't think there are any tricks or shortcuts, unless you want to pay for a crossposting service that will only import certain parts unless you pay more and they'll still screw it up. It's best that you make sure each listing on eBay is the way you want, or it can be costly. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm not an Etsy fan so I don't know how it works on that site but on another site I sell, I can give them access to import my listings from ebay. Whether Etsy or another site allows that ability, I can't say.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Check the various listing services........6 bit/Auctiva/Seller Sourcebook.......some of them/plenty of others......may have the ability....  Some many also have a "free month" or something like that......

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Not that difficult if you have a Word program (or equivalent).   I am outselling my ETSY listings 10 - to - 1 on eBay with exactly the same titles, photos, listing descriptions,  etc. and it seems to be getting worse,  but I continue to use both.  Why not ?    But when I make a new listing on eBay and want to also add it to ETSY,  I simply copy and paste the description (I toil over) on eBay and save it in Word,  and of course all the photos I use are already saved in my Photoshop or "Photo files."    Click, click.  Copy - Paste.  Move from one to the other and and duplicate the listings.  Quite often even though eBay is making me lots of money and ETSY continues to drop in sales (for reasons I cannot get answers for - some I.T. gurus say it's something to do with algorithyms ???? - yea,  O.K. Stephen Hawking's - good for you - IT IS WHAT IT IS).  Use both  !!!   Dave

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

.... to?  Just curious what makes you want to jump?  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Could be just cross-listing.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Etsy is so corrupt- double charges fees , one sided only reviews, (they blocked karencheck), sales are dead and all they care about is stuff that doesn't help the sellers at all. 

https://citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Citron-Exposes-the-Dirty-Secrets-of-Etsy.pdf

https://www.benzinga.com/news/23/02/30950994/etsy-has-hit-a-new-low-as-a-public-company-why-short-se...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Why doesn't Ebay see value in have some easy import features from other platforms?  All of these third party applications are kind of poor software and full of upsells.  Ebay doesn't have an import from Shopify, Woocommerce, Etsy, Amazon etc because they don't want to have an import tool, but I don't know why - it's almost like the Instagram silo user attention inside our app model where they want you to use their UI, but for a business trying to post listings as an alternate sales channel it seems like it would be in their best interest to just put a few developers on it and release some real import tools.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply