cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertaining the though of moving to Managed Payments - Your Thoughts?

I've always felt that when Ebay suggests things via Updates - it's best to comply.  Although they have not suggested moving to managed payments - I'm thinking that they cater to those that do.  The only thing that scares the hell out of me is that it does not support Global Shipping (not to mention I do have a Working Capital Loan I'm repaying).  What do you all think?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I am too.  But for me, there are three key things that I need to make sure are answered and address before I try to enter the program.

1.  The ability to do partial refunds.  That is suppose to come later this summer.

2.  PP being accepted for everyone in MP.  It is currently being rolled out.

3.  An answer to how they are going to be handling the PP update that begins May 7th.  If we have buyers pay via PP in the MP program, will Ebay allow for the refund of the money processing fees or will they be withholding them like what PP will be doing in a few days.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I'm in but not until the following two things happen:

1 - PayPal is available for buyers to use via MP

2 - Payments from International buyers are unaffected

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@wdiptr wrote:

I've always felt that when Ebay suggests things via Updates - it's best to comply.  Although they have not suggested moving to managed payments - I'm thinking that they cater to those that do.  The only thing that scares the hell out of me is that it does not support Global Shipping (not to mention I do have a Working Capital Loan I'm repaying).  What do you all think?

I think at this point you have to be invited to participate in MP.   This can be confirmed by the posts of those who were interested but were unable to be accepted at this point.  I'm very sorry.  

@mg152   Sorry to bother you, but can you add anything here?  Thank you, Patricia.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I'm in but not until the following two things happen:

1 - PayPal is available for buyers to use via MP

2 - Payments from International buyers are unaffected

Thanks Jimmy I forgot about international buyers.  Good Point.  That needs to be added to my list too.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

If you decide you want to join, there is a link in the Spring Seller Update that you can click on and ask about it.  They don't accept everyone that asks to opt in, but you can at least get the request going anytime you feel you are ready for it.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Yes, I'm thinking about it.

The absolute WORST thing Ebay ever did was to go Paypal only (save the handful of sellers with their own merchant accounts). The more ways buyers have to pay, the better.  Besides, as a seller I "trust" Paypal a whole lot less than Ebay, if you can believe that - I "trust" the guy on the street corner selling genuine ROLAX watches more than I do Paypal, and I've been with them for 19 years.

*TRUST in quotation marks because I actually trust NOTHING on the internet, it's just the only word I could think of to use that fit my sentence.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Although I think Managed Payments is definitely a good direction, eBay has a poor track record of rolling out new features ... specifically, things don't work well, it is frustrating to sellers, and often costly.

So, like mam98031 suggested, I prefer to wait until they get all the bugs worked out and the features completed.  I don't want to be a beta tester.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Although I think Managed Payments is definitely a good direction, eBay has a poor track record of rolling out new features ... specifically, things don't work well, it is frustrating to sellers, and often costly.

So, like mam98031 suggested, I prefer to wait until they get all the bugs worked out and the features completed.  I don't want to be a beta tester.

YES, no beta testing with MY MONEY!!  I'm happy to beta test other things, but now with my money.  OH NO!!!  grimacing

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

If you decide you want to join, there is a link in the Spring Seller Update that you can click on and ask about it.  They don't accept everyone that asks to opt in, but you can at least get the request going anytime you feel you are ready for it.

Wait! Ebay doesn't accept everyone? 

They are picky, aren't they? Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

@escuintla wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

This has been discussed so many times on lots of threads for a year now.  I know you are being sarcastic and just making a joke, but I don't know why.  Ebay has many good reasons for doing this and a contract with PP they must adhere to.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

No way, not until they force me.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@escuintla wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

This has been discussed so many times on lots of threads for a year now.  I know you are being sarcastic and just making a joke, but I don't know why.  Ebay has many good reasons for doing this and a contract with PP they must adhere to.

@escuintla 

Please excuse my post above.  It was unnecessary and unwarranted.  You were just trying to make a joke and I was out of line.  It's been a long day, but that really isn't an excuse.  I apologize for my previous post to you.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Henry is a great guy who also knows what it can be like on these boards.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Relax! No problem! 

I had a gun basically touching my forehead once so I could shut up once and for all, which I never did.  I peed and pooped but I laugh now thinking that after that incident I complained for everything and anything when I should have been dead long ago. Smiley Very Happy

latest reply