cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay will no longer sell bayonets on Ebay!

RED ALERT!!!!

I called twice about all of a sudden I can not list bayonets on Ebay although I sold them for twenty years on Ebay. The first time I called they said they would call me back and never did. The secound time I called, the next day. I was told to never list bayonets agaon on Ebay again and they hung up on me. They said it will take time to kick every one else off!  Well after 20 years I guess I'm done on Ebay 100% feed back! They say they are kicking every bayonet off Ebay because they are not allowed period! 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Ebay will no longer sell bayonets on Ebay!

I never knew ebay sold bayonets on ebay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 16 of 64
latest reply

Hmmm, recently I valued a bayonet someone brought into my shop by looking at ebay sales.  

I don't see any specific thing in the policy, but years ago I had silver bullion shaped like bullets taken down, spoke to CS (American at the time) and was told that anything described as "bullet" was a no go. I stayed up all night reporting bullet bras, bullet zipper pulls, anything I could find. Later that day I got a message that it was OK to repost my silver bullets. LOL

Who can ever tell here!

Message 17 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm wrote:

I get a warning when I try to list a bayonet that says not allowed on Ebay and not to try and list again. I have 250 to sell and been doing it for 20 years.

They will not let me sell them and are very rude when I call although I have been doing this for so long. Wokeism is a communist disease! I have 100% feed back and that means nothing to them. I get massage saying so.

It is ebay's site. They can make their own rules. Just like you can in your own house.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 18 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm 

And yet I see you still list bayonets on your site. . ..

Message 19 of 64
latest reply

I know. I called and ask about that. They said they would call me back and didn't. So I called back the next day and they wouldn't answer my questions about not being able to list any more or what to do with the rest. The woman I talked to said she would email me and hung up on me. She sent me all the Ebay polices and it does not say any thing about bayonets. I bought and sold hundreds on Ebay. I have 250 to sell now and just started selling again. I don't know what's up because they wont tell me or let me list any more.

Message 20 of 64
latest reply

Seems like it's hard to get a straight answer from front-line CS. You can try CS on Facebook for Business - they have more training and agency.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 64
latest reply

If something becomes prohibited why in the world should they care about your feedback?

You're not supposed to list expired medication for example... if you were doing it for years and had no problem but now they are cracking down, are they supposed to say hey this seller complained and they have a perfect record... let them keep selling those expired meds... lmaooooooooooooooooooo... it doesn't work like that.  

Message 22 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm wrote:

RED ALERT!!!!

I called twice about all of a sudden I can not list bayonets on Ebay although I sold them for twenty years on Ebay. The first time I called they said they would call me back and never did. The secound time I called, the next day. I was told to never list bayonets agaon on Ebay again and they hung up on me. They said it will take time to kick every one else off!  Well after 20 years I guess I'm done on Ebay 100% feed back! They say they are kicking every bayonet off Ebay because they are not allowed period! 

ebay hates guns for reasons that I would love to discuss here but cannot. 

I would guess that in a couple years you will have to call a caulking gun a caulking dispensing device to be able to sell it here.

Well this is just another one of those items that eBay is forcing me to sell elsewhere which I have no problem doing. Between the banned/prohibited items and the VERO program it was one of the MAJOR reasons I began to diversify off of eBay long ago. 

I wouldn't even use the word "gun" in a listing anywhere on eBay these days so caulking dispensing device would be appropriate now. I once listed a DVD called Mercury Rising, that posting lasted under 30 minutes before it was pulled. 

Message 23 of 64
latest reply

Well you certainly are eliminating any possible plea of innocence for not knowing, with titles like this.  
Maybe bots are not catching these, but as soon as a ruthless competing knife seller sees them ..... 

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 11.11.17 PM.png

Message 24 of 64
latest reply

Well you certainly are eliminating any possible plea of innocence for not knowing, with titles like this.  
Maybe bots are not catching these, but as soon as a ruthless competing knife seller sees them ..... 

dbfolks166mt_0-1711168065502.png

Why not just change it to a sheath knife? 

Message 25 of 64
latest reply

eBay doesn't "hate guns" - it's a corporation and corporations don't have feelings for anything but money.  They don't, however, want to go afoul of the various laws in place regulating the mail order sale of guns (first enacted in 1968 with some revisions since). 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 64
latest reply

It sounds like eBay has implemented a sudden policy change regarding the listing of bayonets, and unfortunately, it's affecting long-time sellers like you. Despite your 100% feedback rating, it seems eBay is enforcing this policy strictly and not providing much explanation or recourse. It's frustrating, but it might be time to explore alternative platforms or avenues for selling your items.

Message 27 of 64
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

eBay doesn't "hate guns" - it's a corporation and corporations don't have feelings for anything but money.  They don't, however, want to go afoul of the various laws in place regulating the mail order sale of guns (first enacted in 1968 with some revisions since). 

ebay is also agenda driven, big time

Message 28 of 64
latest reply

One of the great things about this country is our Constitution, which gives both us and eBay wide latitude to choose how to run our businesses. 

As sellers, we are free to choose eBay if it suits our needs, or to use another service if it would be a better fit for our needs. 

Many people in many other countries are not as lucky as we are when it comes to selling weapons to each other. 

Message 29 of 64
latest reply

eBay doesn't "hate guns" - it's a corporation and corporations don't have feelings for anything but money.  They don't, however, want to go afoul of the various laws in place regulating the mail order sale of guns (first enacted in 1968 with some revisions since). 

I have no idea where eBay stands on the gun debate but you are correct it's may not be so much their stance as it is the current laws and the BATF that simply constrains them or presents too much of a risk. I have a number of outlets for firearms and those outlets handle the paperwork required for the sale as well as the shipping if they are shipped. 

Selling and shipping firearms is one of those situations where you not only have the federal laws but state and even sometimes county, city...... laws to deal with. 

Message 30 of 64
latest reply