cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay will no longer sell bayonets on Ebay!

RED ALERT!!!!

I called twice about all of a sudden I can not list bayonets on Ebay although I sold them for twenty years on Ebay. The first time I called they said they would call me back and never did. The secound time I called, the next day. I was told to never list bayonets agaon on Ebay again and they hung up on me. They said it will take time to kick every one else off!  Well after 20 years I guess I'm done on Ebay 100% feed back! They say they are kicking every bayonet off Ebay because they are not allowed period! 

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

@ka-fishnfarm 

This may help:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=4207&s...

FWIW you can't really count on what those call back or chat reps tell you.   After all those outsourced foreign call center reps belong to the same group that informed a seller that his plush toy unicorn was removed because unicorns are an endangered species. 

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

I get a warning when I try to list a bayonet that says not allowed on Ebay and not to try and list again. I have 250 to sell and been doing it for 20 years.

They will not let me sell them and are very rude when I call although I have been doing this for so long. Wokeism is a communist disease! I have 100% feed back and that means nothing to them. I get massage saying so.

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Sounds like you could use a massage.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Feedback and length of time on eBay is irrelevant and yes, meaningless, especially when it comes to prohibited goods. 
How are you calling eBay? There hasn't been a number for members to call since the corona virus.

If eBay is taking your bayonet listings down or not allowing you to list it is because they don't want that sold on their site it is their prerogative their website. 

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Hi, selling weapons on eBay is tricky. Most weapons are not allowed to be listed. In looking for a specific answer for your situation, the two following policies are the most applicable. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/weapons-policy?id=5050

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/knives-policy?id=5047

The above-listed policies are not new, per se. It could be that eBay has finally caught up in enforcing an existing policy. There is a lot of contradictory info about bayonets online, are they legal or not, etc.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm wrote:

RED ALERT!!!!

I called twice about all of a sudden I can not list bayonets on Ebay although I sold them for twenty years on Ebay. The first time I called they said they would call me back and never did. The secound time I called, the next day. I was told to never list bayonets agaon on Ebay again and they hung up on me. They said it will take time to kick every one else off!  Well after 20 years I guess I'm done on Ebay 100% feed back! They say they are kicking every bayonet off Ebay because they are not allowed period! 

ebay hates guns for reasons that I would love to discuss here but cannot. 

I would guess that in a couple years you will have to call a caulking gun a caulking dispensing device to be able to sell it here.

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

They do not allow any parts or accessories  for "assault weapons" no idea what eBay's definition of a assault weapon is but I would guess that this is what they are using to remove bayonets which could also be used to remove lots and lots of gun related accessories

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

Yes, and many sellers were still able to list them by referring to nomenclature or federal stock number rather than "M16 bayonet", etc.  They've been circumventing the ebay 'law' for as long as I've been on here. 

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

As ittybitnot states, if you're dealing with CS reps contacted at the bottom of this page, you're dealing with people halfway around the world, with a language barrier, who probably don't even know what a bayonet is. 

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@ka-fishnfarm 

This may help:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=4207&s...

FWIW you can't really count on what those call back or chat reps tell you.   After all those outsourced foreign call center reps belong to the same group that informed a seller that his plush toy unicorn was removed because unicorns are an endangered species. 

Well, how many unicorns have you seen walking around. That's what I thought. 😉

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm wrote:

I get a warning when I try to list a bayonet that says not allowed on Ebay and not to try and list again. I have 250 to sell and been doing it for 20 years.

They will not let me sell them and are very rude when I call although I have been doing this for so long. Wokeism is a communist disease! I have 100% feed back and that means nothing to them. I get massage saying so.

This isn't woke, or communism. 

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

eBay has been jumpy about any edged weapons.  Depending how they are described, it can be flagged by the bots.    Not that a good chefs knife would not hold it's own in tanto jiu-jitsu. 

Bottom line, if it will keal don't list it on eBay.

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

I sell exclusively vintage knives on eBay, mostly pocket knives, some hunting knives.  I have only sold bayonets one time, which was not a problem at the time (maybe 2 years ago).

They may have changed their policy, I don't know.  It is also true that selling double-edged knives can be tricky on eBay since some states have laws against double-edged knives of any type.

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

@ka-fishnfarm wrote:

Sorry, it's called "capitalism".

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 64
latest reply