cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay, why put a big blue "Return" button on purchase history listings instead of "Feedback"?

I really wish that on our purchase history page, the big blue "Return item" button was either a "Feedback" button, or none at all.

It seems like Ebay is encouraging buyers to return stuff. I'm not saying they should make it difficult to return items when needed, but to have a great big button for that instead of feedback doesn't make much sense. 

Just an observation.......

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Ebay, why put a big blue "Return" button on purchase history listings instead of "

Return this item

View order details

More actions V

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Re: Ebay, why put a big blue "Return" button on purchase history listings instead of "

Because blue is the only color that they know of?
Just like when I sell something but the buyer hasn't paid. That big blue button says "send an invoice". So I click that big blue button and send an invoice. And then that same button stays a big bright blue, just begging me to click on it, but now it says "print postage". As if! It should say "wait for payment" and preferably be yellow or orange. And eBay has modified their pages but kept that blue with no other color for buttons.
Maybe they are all color blind.....?
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

So many times I have hit that when I meant to leave feedback.    I very much agree:  eBay Stop shoving buyers to returns.  That should not be the first option they see.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Don't give them any ideas.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Actually, when you look at it from the point of view of the person who would use this, the buyer, there is more reason to have that button read "returns" as opposed to feedback.  Feedback serves the seller mainly, and other buyers indirectly if they choose to check feedback.  But the return button strictly serves the buyer.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I don’t get it. If buyers are happy with their items they wouldn’t want to return. I think most people are going to return or not return. I don’t believe the button has a big impact on that decision. Buyers aren’t stupid.

No but it's the same concept as with that blue "BUY THE EXTENDED WARRANTY" alongside a grey "Pay now" button when checking out... You are right, buyers are not stupid but ebay sure makes them believe we THINK they are!

As a buyer I get tired of having my intelligence insulted every step of the way.

You are right, I am not stupid.

So why foist choices on me and try and trick me and trip me up?

Way I see things that means they must not want my business.

Come to think of it, has traffic on ebay been slow lately?

*facepalm

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Correct.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Very Slow!!:(

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@cs497kcpope wrote:

Very Slow!!:(

I can only imagine, this "salesmanship" could be part of the reason why.

No, buyers really do not appreciate being told what choices to make.

The flipside of the coin of course, is that before the return button could be difficult to find...

You had to go to My Ebay and find your item under Purchase History and then click on the little down arrow and there, a list of choices, one of them was "Return this item."

Unfortunately the process of making this "return button" easier to find seems to have gone to the other extreme so the end result doesn't appear to be much better.  Not sure what else to do here, tbqh

Message 24 of 24
latest reply